1. Miss Calliste

Miss Calliste New Member

Another New Kid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Miss Calliste, Jul 12, 2014.

Hello all! My name is Dehlia. I'm 26 and live in Denver, Colorado.

I'm finishing up my degree in creative writing and hope to get a job in publishing. I mostly joined the forum because of my intentions to really buckle down and write things I want to publish.

For a long time I had this strange idea that I wasn't ready to put my work out there, and was waiting for some magical moment when I would feel like my stuff was good enough to get published. I realized that was a stupid way to think about it, and that I'll probably never feel 100% ready, so I might as well start getting it out there now. I'm kicking around ideas for novels at the moment and I'm hoping being apart of this forum will help get the ball rolling.

So, hi!

2. Amanda_Geisler

Amanda_Geisler Senior Member

Welcome to the forums, there is a new member guide located here; https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/

I'm Amanda, editor in training, also future published author (I hope).

It's not all about getting a lot of ideas, sure getting lots of ideas is great, the hard part is sorting out the good ideas from the bad. You will also find that some of your ideas are too close to that of books and/or movies. Good luck with the ideas, there are lots of people on here that can help you if you ask

Amanda

3. ComplexRobot

ComplexRobot Member

Welcome to the forums!
    Try not to focus only on publishing too much. It's okay to just have fun with it, sometimes.

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Miss Calliste, and welcome to the forum! I see @Amanda_Geisler has already welcomed you and pointed you to the New Member Guide (thanks, Amanda!) so I don't have to do that.

Good luck with the degree, and I hope you find what you're looking for here. This is a great forum for writers! :)

5. BookLover

BookLover Active Member

I like your name. That's pretty. And I'm glad you decided to start your novel! Welcome to the forum!