1. mynameisdaniel

mynameisdaniel New Member

I don't know how to title this one so: Hello, I guess.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mynameisdaniel, Feb 12, 2016.

Hey,
    so because I don't want to waste your precious time, I'm gonna make it short:

Who am I?
    My name's Daniel, I'm a 20 year-old filmstudent from Germany, mayoring in the fields 'screenwriting' and 'directing'.

What do I write?
    Screenplays. I mean I used to write short fiction but that's a long time ago but that's of no interest. I guess what's more interesting is 'what' excactly do I write. Most of the time rather dark (humored) and satirical dramas or thrillers. Most of my stories revolve around sociocritical topics - a mindset that might have it's roots in my punkrock-blasting skater youth - and I really love it when people get offended by them. Not because I'm a bad person and love starting fights .. but making people feel uncomfortable is a sign for them actually questioning their reality.

Why am I here?
    Well.. I moved away 500km from my hometown to study at a filmschool only to realize, that all my fellow students care about are beautiful pictures .. there's nobody to talk to (screen-)writing and that's something I really need.
    ..and besides that, me signing up and writing this text may or may not have something to do with 'current complications at certain stages of my present project' .. procrastination basically. I'm guilt.

So yeah, now you know a bunch of stuff about me. Looking forward to a fun time with you guys!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :) What an interesting intro! It's definitely a good idea to break some boundaries and make people think.

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.

Enjoy!

-Kat