Tags:
  1. Nephthys

Nephthys New Member

Hello writers !

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nephthys, Feb 3, 2020.

Hi there. I'm a 32 year old female who loves to write anything and everything. Writing is a hobby for me and would definitely consider myself an amateur, but by being here I am looking to improve my skills, learn some new things and talk to people who share a passion.
    As far as favourite genre, it changes always for me and whatever I feel inspired by in the moment, but I tend to enjoy writing fantasy the most. I also enjoy writing poetry.
    Hope to get to know you :)

Alan Aspie and Steve Rivers like this.
  2. Mikelindo

Mikelindo Member

I joined about 2 weeks ago and haven't been disappointed. So far people have been both friendly and very willing to help where they can. I hope you find what you're looking for here!

Alan Aspie and Nephthys like this.
  3. Nephthys

Nephthys New Member

That's awesome to hear, thank you for the welcome :)

4. Bascomb Brown

Bascomb Brown Banned

Welcome! With this site, I have found you are given as much as you put in, its wonderful.

Steve Rivers and Nephthys like this.
  5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Nepthys! I'm one of the forum moderators, and I want to welcome you to the forum. Sorry this is a bit late, but I got swamped with other stuff. However I see others have been bidding you welcome too. :)

A lot of us (including me) are 'hobby writers,' which means we're doing what we enjoy, doesn't it? That can't be bad. As far as fantasy goes, that's probably our most popular genre here, so you'll fit right in. Poetry is also popular. In fact we have ongoing poetry contests, which you might want to enter. It would certainly be great if you would visit the contest site and vote in the current ones. Votes are always welcome. We also have an ongoing short story contest and a flash fiction contest, so plenty of places to test your wares, if you want. And many opportunities to participate in the voting. You can do both as a new member.

We have an extensive Writing Workshop section, covering all sorts of writing and all sorts of genres. This is probably the most popular section of the forum (well, maybe not so popular as the Lounge, but that's not writing-oriented.) You do need to meet a few requirements to post your work there for feedback, but the requirements are easy to meet.

To that end, please read our New Member Quick Start. This explains all about how to use the Workshop, as well as giving guidance on a few other things a new member needs to know. And also please read our Forum Rules. There aren't a lot of them, but they are important to know.

Anyway, enjoy settling in and getting to know us, and letting us get to know you. If you have any problems, please contact me and I'll do what I can to help. Just click my owl avatar and 'start a conversation' with me.

Meantime, explore the forum, jump into any discussions that draw your attention, and do have fun with your hobby!

Cheers for now,

Jan

Nephthys likes this.
  6. Mikelindo

Mikelindo Member

@Nephthys I just realized that your username is the same as a key character in one of my books. Are you into Egyptology?

7. Nephthys

Nephthys New Member

Thank you @jannert
    @Mikelindo I find it fascinating but I'm far from knowledgeable on the subject. What's your book about?

Mikelindo likes this.
  8. Mikelindo

Mikelindo Member

That's cool :)

My book is a modern, MG fiction about a boy who learns that, because of his noble heritage, he's destined to renew the broken line of pharaohs. In it, Nephthys plays the part of an archaic goddess whose responsibilities have been taken by new, corrupt gods.

Anyway, that's the 2-sentence abridged version of it. It's been fun, but still needs quite a bit of editing.

Steve Rivers likes this.
  9. Vaughan Quincey

Vaughan Quincey Active Member

Currently Reading::
    JG Ballard - Concrete Island
    Welcome to the forum. You can see I'm new too, and even if I wouldn't use the word amateur to describe my unbelievable genious, I'm considering to become a supporter, since the mods and the members seem to care about writing and writers. I'm learning from this site as well, that's the only way to keep being amazing, but don't tell anyone...
    I do not believe an amateur is different from a genious. To enjoy yourself and have fun is genious to me.
    The relevance of Egypt has been acknowledged primarily by the Bangles, but those pyramids they built afterwards, just to sell the T-Shirt...

Some Guy likes this.