1. L0ST

L0ST New Member

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by L0ST, Dec 26, 2013.

Hey everyone! I'm L0ST, I'm from Peru :3 English isn't my first language so I have some spelling and grammar mistakes at times :c But I love writing in both languages, it's my passion! I'm looking forward to sharing some of my work here and hearing criticism and advice from all of you :)

Can't wait!!

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

Hello @L0ST and welcome to the Forums. We are happy to have you aboard. As someone will probably say, do please have a look at our forum rules if you have not done so already, and feel free to ask questions. Remember, the Moderators are our friends ha ha! In truth, we're all pretty friendly here. One thing you should know is that you should probably search the forums and/or Google for similar questions or simple answers before posting a new thread. We get a lot of repeats, but reading what's already there certainly comes in handy. ;)

I find it a little funny that you chose this as he first detail to share about yourself (okay 3rd):
    I would not be in such a rush to present and excuse my errors. I'm just thinking out-loud, but I'd rather see your strengths. :)

Anyway, welcome once again. Can't wait to see what you have for us! Have fun exploring.

L0ST likes this.
  3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi LoST. I was lucky enough to get to visit Peru a couple years ago. I'm the only one I know that has actually seen the Ica Stones and the meteorite mud hole (crater?) on the Bolivian border. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :)

L0ST likes this.
  4. L0ST

L0ST New Member

@Andrae Smith thank you so much for replying! I know what I'll do now if I have any questions (that can't be answered by google). I thought I should share that English wasn't my first language so people would understand why I had some mistakes in my writing, just in case, and not think it was because of something else (who knows?). Thanks for the warm welcome!

@GingerCoffee Hehe, I haven't been to the Ica Stones or the meteorite mud hole either xD I guess that makes it worse since I actually live here! Did you get to see the Nazca Lines? :) Peru is beautiful, and I hope it was an enjoyable experience for you! Thanks for the warm welcome

Andrae Smith likes this.
  5. GingerCoffee

Oh yes, I loved it. I flew over the Nazca Lines in a 4 seater plane, went to Machu Pichu, took the scary night bus from Nazca to Arequipa and the train from Puno to Cuzco. It is indeed a beautiful country.

Here are some of my pictures (ignore the first one). Some of them are from Ecuador as well, my shipmate on a Galapagos cruise and an active volcano near Banos, Ecuador. That thing under the orange tarp is the meteorite crater.

What town are you from/in?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    L0ST likes this.
  6. L0ST

L0ST New Member

@GingerCoffee oh wow! You took beautiful pictures! And niiice, even Machu Pichu? :) It's beautiful isn't it? And haha, bus rides here are scary.. and dangerous! There are accidents all the time because of the heavy rain and all of that, I'm just glad nothing happened to you ^^ Ecuador is awesome too! I lived there for a year, in Guayaquil :) What part of Ecuador did you visit? Quito?

I'm from Lima, Peru. So the capital city :) Did you spend any time in Lima when you were here?

7. GingerCoffee

Landed in Quito, flew to Guayaquil, but just to get a plane to the Galapagos. Came back to Quito, went to Peru, landed in but didn't stay in Lima. Circled the country, went back to Quito then to Banos then back to Quito and home to a suburb of Seattle, WA.

You'll notice one of the pictures is of a row of little altars on the road for people killed in crashes. The day before getting on the night bus, all the newspaper headlines were about a 19-death crash the day before. But, if you want to see the world, it's the risk you have to take.