1. Albanafsagia.

Albanafsagia. New Member

Hi! I'm Alba and I'm new here! :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Albanafsagia., Sep 15, 2013.

Hello everyone!!

My username is Albanafsagia, but you can call me Alba.

I'm 23 years old and I primarily write poetry, but I enjoy writing novels, too. I'm a quote addict--I see a quote and memorize it instantly. It's weird--my memory is pretty good. I use quotes at appropriate moments, which is always good fun. In addition, another interesting thing about me is that I speak seven languages. I'm interested in issues concerning World Problems, News, Diversity, Oppression, Discrimination, Women's Rights, Freedom, and Justice. I am a deaf American woman, engaged to a man from Saudi Arabia.

I love life, nature, philosophy, spirituality, science, learning, politics, debate, traveling, and gaining insight into other people and cultures. I enjoy reading, writing, and dancing. I enjoy traveling and love seeing the world. I also have started my own bracelet-making business. I can make a different types of bracelet designs. I usually sell them on a website called Etsy.com, which is a wonderful place. In addition, I am a motivational speaker in my spare time. I cover a wide range of topics from adoption to discrimination to human rights to leadership

I speak English and sign ASL (American Sign Language.) In addition, I know German and a little Spanish. I'm currently learning classical Arabic, (but focusing more on the Hejazi/Hijazi dialect of Arabic). In addition, I’m brushing up on my Russian. I love learning new languages and learning about different cultures. I have enormous respect for differences among people and I believe in loving everyone you meet and treating everyone with kindness. A smile and a laugh is communicated the same way in all languages :)

I'm a college student in the USA. My major is Communication with a double emphasis in Public Relations and Organizational Communication. I have a triple minor in Psychology, Human Development, and Sociology. I'm going for my Master's degree in Social Work.

I’m ambitious, confident, independent, loyal, and extremely generous. I’ve been told that I have a bright and shining personality. I’m energetic and curious. I pride myself in being warm, caring, and very giving. I’m pretty smart and charismatic. I consider myself to be a leader. However, I’m also super stubborn and extra-sensitive. I am forthcoming and direct; I tell it like it is.

I honestly love writing and and I'm really happy to be a member of this site.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Goodness! That's an impressive list. Really glad to have you here.

Albanafsagia. likes this.
  3. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Seven languages!? That's really impressive. I barely know one. :p

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll like it here.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Привет, Алба!

Я много лет работал переводчиком в ВВС США. I currently work for the US Department of Justice as a Spanish interpreter. Fabulous to have another polyglot. :D

Have a look through the Forum Rules. We're a tight-knit little community, not a giant anonymous forum. The folks here are friendly.

Wrey

5. Albanafsagia.

Albanafsagia. New Member

Usted estuvo en la Fuerza Aérea? Impresionante! Y usted habla ruso, español e Inglés? Muy impresionante!

Thank you for posting the rules! I appreciate it!!! I see that all posts must be in English. Why is that? Kind of a lame rule if you ask me, but I suppose it makes sense. Do private conversations have to be in English? If I wanted to speak to someone in a different language in a personal conversation, I would be penalized?

Also, about blogging...does anyone actually blog? I mean, I see that some people do, but, is it a big thing around here? I'm just wondering. :)
    Thank you for sharing the link. It helped me so much!

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Polish and Czech too. ;)

PM's are just that, private. The mods, we don't stick our noses in such things, but were you to need to report an issue that arose in a conversation, and it's in Thai (Standard, Elegant or Royal) there wouldn't be much we could do to help you, so it's in everyone's best interest to keep things in English. ;) Some folks do blog here, but it's more if a side thing, not really a central part of the forum. And yes, I was in the Air Force, as was my father, and his father was in the US Army Air Force. :)

7. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

I like your name, is an epic name xD.
    Oh and welcome.

8. Albanafsagia.

Albanafsagia. New Member

My name means The Purple Girl in Arabic. Lol
    And thank you! :)

9. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Posting in English is rule that enforces a courtesy. It's rude to speak in a language the rest of the people in the room don't understand - it deliberately excludes them from the conversation, and does so right to their faces. It implies that those who don't understand you aren't worth your time and attention. In normal (face to face, non-internet) social interaction, if you want to have a private conversation, you politely excuse yourself and go somewhere else. At least, that's what I was taught growing up.

The primary purpose of this forum is for us to help each other. We can't help someone who isn't speaking a language we all understand.

Posting in languages other than English is likely to put up barriers between us, and that isn't good for the general health of the forum. So please post in English - those of us who muddle through life with only that one language in our heads will be grateful to you. :)

10. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

But we are no less impressed by you, Alba, and Wreybies. Hablo poquito Espanol, y tal vez, un dia puedo hablar fluentmente. Forgive me for not looking at my keyboard cheat sheet for the proper letter symbols but it's late. :)

11. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Welcome to the forums, Ashley! Hope you enjoy your time here. Expect the unexpected. ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013