1. O. Snow

O. Snow New Member

Hey Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by O. Snow, Dec 2, 2013.

Hello,

I'm an aspiring high fantasy author, and unfortunately a professional procrastinator. I have been putting off finding a forum for writers for a while now, and am very glad to have found this site. Writing is a large part of my life, and having a place where I can speak to like minded individuals is important to me. I look forward to learning, helping, and having fun with everyone here.

O. Snow

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. For those of us not in the fantasy genre, what is "high fantasy" vs fantasy?

3. O. Snow

O. Snow New Member

High fantasy is usually defined as fantasy that takes place in an entirely fictional world, as opposed to one that uses modern Earth or even past or future Earth. I like to add on the requirement that the story and characters are great in stature personally. Good examples are things like The Lord of the Rings, The Wheel of Time, Game of Thrones, or The Moontide Quartet. It's a very fun genre to read, and even more so to write I find

GingerCoffee likes this.
  4. Chiv

Chiv Active Member

Haha, I can relate to that. I think most of us can at times.
    High Fantasy is definitely my sort of thing too, both reading and writing.
    Welcome to the forum from one newbie to another. :)