1. bejarana

bejarana New Member

Hi, my name is Ed

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bejarana, Aug 25, 2008.

Greetings all,

I am a recent convert from that of a non-believer to a believer. Of course that being the believe that I could be a writer or write something someone else would find interesting. Now, I need only learn the craft, practice it and proof it.

I own and operate my own business, Zenith Exhibits, Inc. In my business I design and sell tradeshow displays and I help small business owners reach more prospects with less money--but that sure sounds like a marketing pitch! Sorry. I share that with you to introduce the cross over to my becoming a writer. I also have a computer science degree and a natural comfort with search engine optimization/visualization. To help my tradeshow customers I created a blogging system utilizing WordPress.com. The intent was for my customers to use the technology to get their company name on the search engines in advance of the tradeshow. It worked and worked VERY well.

One day I was talking with a friend and he asked the obvious question, "why don't you offer business blogging as a service?"

I'd never thought of it, but with the aid of my business coaches I created the business plan and set the plan in motion.

The challenge with business blogging is the interest level, so I've been working on using creative writing to aid business owners in marketing themselves on the internet through the use of blog technology.

The process of discovery has ignited a flame inside me and this flame can not be extinguished by the dampness of self doubt no more!

I hope you all find my writings interesting and at the same time take as much time as you'll give to help me improve my craft.

Ed Bejarana

2. Bick

Bick New Member

Welcome Ed! Hope you enjoy it here (=

3. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

[​IMG]

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Ed, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. Raven

Raven Banned

[​IMG]

6. bbk_agp

bbk_agp New Member

[​IMG]

7. bejarana

bejarana New Member

Thank you Cogito, I will take PLENTY of time to review what everyone else has written before opening my heart to the crushing sensation of electronic boots!

Thanks,

Ed

8. bejarana

bejarana New Member

Thank you Cogito, I will take PLENTY of time to review what everyone else has written before opening my heart to the crushing sensation of electronic boots!

Thanks,

Ed

9. Night.Runner

Night.Runner New Member

Welcome, thy accidental double-poster!

10. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Hello Ed...welcome to the forums! [​IMG]

11. bejarana

bejarana New Member

Anything worth saying is worth saying it twice!