1. FalkS

FalkS New Member

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FalkS, Oct 14, 2015.

Hello everyone,

My name is Falk, I live in Germany and I am a german native speaker, so please forgive any mistakes in regard to spelling and grammar. I do speak and write fluent english, owed to the fact that I have lived a great amount of time in native english speaking countries, for my age at least. My wife also happens to be american, so that helps. I welcome any effort to correct my writing, especially my grammar.

Writing is kind of new ground for me, I always enjoyed it in school and felt like I had an affinity towards it, but that has been some time now and I feel like my writing skills, if I had any to begin with, are definitely rusted. The reason I decided to get back into it, is the fact that in march my daughter will be born and my wife and I will try our best to raise her and all future children of ours bilingually. One of the best ways to do that in my opinion, is by reading them self written good night stories. I have tried myself on some and found the process very enjoyable, even though the result was questionable. So I will try myself on childrens storys and maybe some poetry for now. I hope you enjoy my writing and give criticism where needed ( probably in a lot of places ).

Glad to be joining you all.

lifeisastory likes this.
  2. AmericanBoys

AmericanBoys New Member

Hi there! I'm brand new too, great to have a fellow newbie! Glad you're here, let me know if there's anything I can help with.

lifeisastory likes this.
  3. lifeisastory

lifeisastory New Member

Hello! I'm new and a native german speaker as well! Since I'm using my phone, german autocorrect always messes with my english. Anyway, I think this is great and I'm really looking forward to having great conversations! So, do you write in English or german? Most of my thinking happens in german, that's why stories come to me more easily in german, however some things are just nicer to say in English. I'd say it's about 70% german, 30% english. Anyway, I wish you good luck with your writing journey. I think it's such a cute idea ;)

4. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

What a beautiful idea to read your children self constructed tales, I hope to do this someday and I am very delighted you are intending this.