1. Kathryn Donahue

Kathryn Donahue New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kathryn Donahue, Feb 29, 2016.

Hello everyone! A friend and I were talking about how we wished there was a forum for writers so we could talk to more people and get outside advice. Well one google search later and here I am. Looking forward to meeting you all.

2. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

Hi strange person who I totally do not know!

3. Kathryn Donahue

Hello smart ass stranger who I also do not know. How nice it is to meet you!

4. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

I take it the two of you know each other? hey there and welcome to the forum:)

5. Kathryn Donahue

Yes we do. Haha. We're also sitting next to each other at the moment. It's nice to meet another new member though. :D

6. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

So your friend told me you guys are writting fan-fic together... what is it about?

7. Kathryn Donahue

Well he's writing one for Naruto and another for Star Wars. I'm sticking to Harry Potter. We go to a local Starbucks and just brainstorm together or argue. Mainly argue.

8. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

oh boy naruto is a tough one... the way the "story" ended. Harry Potter could be quite nice, are you working with the main characters or some side story?

9. Kathryn Donahue

I'm working mainly with Harry and Neville as they are my favorites. I try to help him with the Naruto one but since I've seen a total of seven episodes i'm not much help.

10. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

No, she asks me questions about magic, then gets made when I get into full magical theory.

My FF (the naruto one) is about Konoha's (the MC's village) fall from power starting with a regional war between the Fire Daimyō and Konoha, then sparks a civil war as the division between the Sandaime Hokage and Danzō grows, and then again once the Uchiha rebel (The Uchiha massacre never happened because Konoha needed their strength to fight a war)

during all this the other great powers are all vying with each other to fill the power vacuum Konoha's fall has created. The story then follows Naruto and the Rookie 9 as Konoha begins to rise to power once more.

11. Kathryn Donahue

No we argue when I ask you a question and you start getting nit picky and derail us from the original question. :p

12. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

You asked me a question! If I'm going to answer it I need to first understand the surrounding issues!

13. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

oh boy, what have i started...
    Nice idea about narute btw... i have read all the chapters (fyi) and it seems it would make for a interesting change, just make sure you do what the japanese can't... keep the power level in your pants and dont start creating bloody moons...

14. Death2ignorance

Death2ignorance Member

Thank you! I have absolutely no intention of creating a moon and I am greatly hedging the power of shinobi. The first war Konoha fights will be against Fire samurai, and I'm using that as a narrative to show ninja in a more realistic sense.

while chakra necessarily adds an element of the supernatural, jutsu will be few and often difficult to produce in the middle of a heated fight. have ever tried creating the handseals required for a jutsu? they aren't easy. and if it takes ten plus seals to use a jutsu its going to take fifteen to twenty seconds to prepare your jutsu which is not easy to do when your opponent is actively trying to kill you.

15. Judahml

Judahml Member

Hello Kathryn Donahue, I have never gotten into fan fiction, ether reading or writing, but I think the idea is interesting, of all of the fan fics, in my opinion I think that HP would have the most potential, the world is so expanded and touched on, but largly unexplored. Let me know if you want another set of ears for bouncing ideas off, or if you want some ideas Im Always game to brainstorm on just about anything.

16. BadCrow

BadCrow Member

hmm the idea of the chakra use sounds interesting, could make for a nice story if done right. If you want some input on that do feel free to message me^^ same goes for the harry potter stories since i know both quite a bit.