1. nurseD

nurseD New Member

I want to write again

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nurseD, May 7, 2016.

Hey everyone I'm new. I sed to write many years ago when I was a teen. I finished school recently and now I have time to start reading again and writing. It feels so new and I'm so lost. Due to always having to pick up a text book instead of a real book I feel rusting in reading.

Does anyone have any tips for reading and writing again?

2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

A book by any other name is still a book. If you can read a text book you can read a novel, newspaper magazine or even the back of a cereal box. One word at a time is all it takes.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi new member @nurseD. Nurses rule. :agreed:

As a life-long nurse who took up writing late in life, my advice: just start writing. And when you find a story that you get into, find a critique group to give you feedback. Or post stuff here for critique.

nurseD likes this.
  4. Mocheo Timo

Mocheo Timo Senior Member

Moving from textbook to novel is like moving from gear to automatic. You'll realize that you won't need to worry about how to adjust your thought-processing; you'll just keep on going and the story will take you there adjusting the bumps and feels along the way. So, just start and you'll see how smooth it all goes.

Consequently, after you start reading, some idea will suddenly strike you and all you have to do is put it in a paper. At least that's how it works for me.

nurseD likes this.