1. bumble864

bumble864 New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bumble864, May 11, 2016.

Hi,

I've been flipping around the forums for about a month now and figured I should introduce myself. My name is Russell, I am a video game animator and technical artist. I think I'm in the right place for what I'm looking to do.

My first confession, I'm not much of a reader; or a writer either. I try, I'll get a book and usually finish it but that's typically where it ends. I'm sure at this point your wondering "What is this guy doing here"? I recently got a VR headset and fell in love with virtual reality. While poking around the VR world I saw a few first person short movies that were fantastic. I knew then what my next passion project was going to be.

Over the past month or so I have been working on a short story with some interesting ideas and characters but need help organizing and evolving everything. I have a fairly loose story, mostly it is on a series of post-it notes stuck to the wall in some sort of an order. I'm also not married to anything yet, if something isn't fitting it needs to be chopped. With my limited resources I know I can't go into super detail with the characters but I still want the characters to appear more than just a one sided.

This is obviously not the thread to go into details about the story or technical ideas I have planned. Over the next few days I'm hoping to dive more into specific sub-forums and start some specific threads in hopes of getting some great feedback, help fine-tuning everything, and get better at writing stories myself.

Well, that's me. That's about it and why I'm here

Thanks,
    Russ

2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Welcome Russell, I am sure you will find much help here.

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to WF!

It's interesting you're branching out from the video game world to literature. I'd imagine it's a fun transition as both forms of art are awesome creative outlets even though the story-telling methods can be quite different.

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. :) See you around!

-Kat