1. AlexMcWilliams

AlexMcWilliams New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AlexMcWilliams, Oct 29, 2016.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Alex McWilliams and this would be my first time posting on any forum, of any kind.
    I'm 26 years old, a husband, a father, and someone who's loved reading his whole life but could never get the bug to actually write something of my own.
    Mainly I'm here to get more insight on the chops required to actually develop and plot a story, but, making friends is always fun too!

Thanks for the welcome!

2. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Hi Alex! Welcome to the forums. We run the whole spectrum of published to never-written-voluntarily-before. For the most part, people are very patient with new writers, so hopefully you find a good community here. Be careful, it can be a wonderful procrastination tool to use instead of actually writing. Not that I'd do that. Of course. Never...:whistle:

What do you like to read/write?

3. AlexMcWilliams

AlexMcWilliams New Member

Some of my favourite authors are Michael Crichton, James Rollins, Steve Berry, Dan Brown etc. Any kind of historical or scientific fiction to be honest. Suspenseful reads, however, when it comes right down to it I'll read anything. Huge history buff so my writing gears more towards that as well.

4. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Hi Alex. I've been enjoying this site very much. Sometimes it leads me to procrastination, while other times it helps me hone my craft, tightening up my writing and improving my dialogue. The tips to other sites are really good as well. Use your time wisely.