1. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

Hello, I'm a generic thread title

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pinkymcfiddle, Feb 18, 2017.

Hi All,

I am working on something, but I'm not sure if it's coming together or not... what is the precursor to me sticking it in the "mad mix box" for review, or whatever it's called?

I made the mistake of watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix, which taught me how not to be a thoroughbred tool as a writer.... then again it is incredibly successful. The story arc is incoherent; in fact it is currently more plot-hole than plot. Deus ex machina has been used repeatedly; one episode will contradict the previous episode; the character motivations shift with the wind. The writing is terrible. Yet it is incredibly successful. Have the rules changed? Do we need to assume everyone is a moron? Are they? Is the audience now moronic?

I dunno. Maybe.

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

You could do a lot worse in predicting human taste than sticking to this one at every turn...

Pinkymcfiddle likes this.