1. Sternenlicht

Sternenlicht New Member

Hello there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sternenlicht, Mar 14, 2017.

Newbie here, but I just want to say how glad I am to have found this forum; I'd never even heard of it until a few days ago (and only joined yesterday since "lurking" wasn't the best idea, nor would it get me very far skill-wise)! Anyway, that aside: hello! (Again!)
    Okay, I'm not the very best with talking to people. Sorry. But, really, nice to meet you all. I hope I can get some insight and advise from all the talent here as I'm mediocre at best at writing.

But whatever. Intro time!
    Here's a few "short" things about me:
    Currently, I'm a student from Texas just hoping to get into a good med school (I plan on being a surgeon; can't wait for all the sleepless nights and student loans *painfully smiles*), while doing writing as both a hobby and, as I like to think of it, side/backup career. So far, though, I've only done Fanfiction and (bad) attempts at Cracked articles, but I hope to one day complete and publish something, even if it is just a short story or column in some obscure paper.
    I started in grade school with dreams of being a poet, and throughout the later years that came, I grew to love creating whole stories instead of just a few sentences; small thoughts and philosophies turned into entire themes and beliefs, and two paragraphs to nearly two-hundred pages. It was very... surprising, to say the least. I just couldn't believe I had found something that wasn't kicking a ball or putting things away that I could claim to do.
    And... that was that, I suppose. Really. There may not have been actual fireworks going off or any angels singing when I picked up a pen, but it sure felt that way, and I wanted that feeling to stay. So, there began my roots in the art of writing! (As if anyone wanted to know. Whoops.)

Anyway, once again, it was a pleasure, and I hope to meet some great, like-minded people!

Meilleurs voeux!

(Any questions or comments are welcome!:-D)

2. Aaron Chau

Aaron Chau New Member

Welcome, me also a newbie. Hope we both have fun here. Good luck with your dream of being a surgeon!