1. LunarMythos

LunarMythos New Member

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LunarMythos, Sep 8, 2019.

Hello everyone, I've been writing since I was around 13 (20 as of posting this) and I'm pretty diverse when it comes to the genres I like, ranging through Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and a lot of Realistic Fiction along with General Fiction that kind of encompasses more than one of the previous genres that I might or might not have mentioned.

The big "thorn" I guess you could say I've had over the years has been writer's block, and since middle school I've written easily at least fifty stories or more, but by saying I've "written" them what I really mean is I wrote as little as one sentence, to one or a couple of paragraphs, to maybe even a few pages, and only a few out of all those I managed to cap an end onto. Recently however in the past few weeks, for the first time ever (with the exception of one I got up to thirty pages back in early high school but have since lost), I've landed myself in writing a story that I've just simply managed to... write (26 pages/9247 words and counting).

I opened a blank document, named the file "First Draft" and just wrote, and keeping in mind the fact that editing is for the editing stage has really helped. Such a simple fact, but just was never one that sunk down enough for me until now.

So yep, there's that. Mainly because of my desired privacy of this story at this point being pretty high, I decided to keep reviewing/editing to some friends in real life I have around where I live (using paper copies only).

Other than that, I'm pretty into photography and I've started getting into 3D scene creation, and I currently work in IT as a Computer Support Technician. I do actually like the kind of work I do in my field, but a large part of my heart is in writing and just art in general :read2:

2. Zombie Among Us

Zombie Among Us Active Member

Welcome, LunarMythos!

Writer’s block is such a pain, isn’t it? Not on here, but I’ve seen it called “creative hibernation” and “an organic part of the creative process.” To put it into my own words, it essentially helps you recharge your creative flow.

Still, as many people have said in this thread (I’m 99% sure that’s the right one), you should try to write at least something every day. Doesn’t have to be part of your main work, doesn’t even have to ever be touched again. Just write.

Enjoy your time here!

Cave Troll likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superhello:
    Hope you get over the block you are having
    with your story.
    :supersmile:Good luck and have fun.

4. LunarMythos

LunarMythos New Member

Thanks, that's a really good way to bring it out, and I'll definitely keep that in mind! Joining a community like this will definitely end up being good. Thanks for the welcome!

5. LunarMythos

LunarMythos New Member

Thank you very much, I will for sure!

Cave Troll likes this.
  6. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi there! I'm one of the moderators here, and I want to welcome you to the forum. I have just sent you a message via 'conversation.' :)

7. LunarMythos

LunarMythos New Member

Thank you very much for the welcome!