1. grecong

grecong New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by grecong, Apr 28, 2020.

I just suffered from some writer's block trying to come up with a title for this post.
    I've been looking around this site for a while and signed up yesterday. It all looks very cool and positive.
    Take care - Nick

Alan Aspie and Some Guy like this.
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Welcome! I'm Iain, one of the mods here. If you haven't had a chance to yet, be sure to check out New Member Quick Start and Forum Rules, and don't be shy about contacting me or one of the other mods (jannert, big soft moose, minstrel, and EFMingo) if you have any questions or problems.

You'll need to have two weeks' membership, twenty posts (which include two constructive critiques of others' writing) before you can post in the Workshop for critique of your own work, but until then, feel free to poke around and jump into any one of the numerous discussions that are ongoing here. Those initial requirements will fly by.

I know the writer's block thing well. How many months have I had off without putting down a word into my WIP? Still, sometimes being part of a forum can help. Or it can hurt (shhh, don't tell him that Iain) if your output gets sidelined, it's up to you to figure out which way things are going.

Anyway, best of luck, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

3. grecong

grecong New Member

Thanks Iain, nice to meet you, hope to see you around too.

4. Oxymaroon

Oxymaroon Contributor Contributor

Yeah, that's a toughie! You can never unmake a bad first impression... should anyone be rating the titles of introduction threads, which, confidentially, given the standard of self-absorption in writers as a class, I sincerely doubt.

Anyhooo --
    it's all downhill from here. I mean, like clear sailing. Erm... easy as a pie.
    Which reminds me:
    Who are you and what do you eat?

(I don't really expect an answer.)

grecong and Lifeline like this.
  5. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

You'll come to understand this later - I wish you many kittens and sharks. :)

grecong and Iain Aschendale like this.