1. Daera Love

Daera Love New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Daera Love, Jun 24, 2022.

I've wanted to write something ever since i was little. I've had 2 stories that I've worked on in elementary school and middle school. Ele school one was pretty bad. Middle school one was better but still bad.

My current one; I've had an idea I'm passionate about for roughly 8-10 years. I've hardly written anything on it, but I've thought about it nearly every day since it came to me. It's evolved and grown in my mind. The only time I do really work on it is when I'm feeling inspired, which always happens to me with music (Shadow Academy and Dan Avidan :love:). Chapter one (more like page one) has gone through like 15 iterations so far.

I also have like 5-10 stories I want to tell in game form. It's my dream to see these stories come to fruition. I want to work on them. I have literally all day to work on them. I just don't know why I don't work on them.

Anyway, that's me and my situation.

dbesim and EFMingo like this.
  2. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

I often feel this is my fate with writing too. I really hope to break this barrier soon.

Welcome!

3. dbesim

dbesim Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hello Daera,

Well I’d be interested to see you make progress on that idea you’ve had bouncing round your mind for the past ten years. Why not start a progress journal on WF and give yourself small goals such as making a start to write this story. Perhaps share a synopsis about it in your progress journal and give yourself a goal, such as 1000 words a week. You can work on your other ideas at the same time or dip in to them once in a while, depending on which idea you’d most want to prioritise.

Besides that, welcome to WF!

EFMingo likes this.
  4. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Daera Love,

Welcome to the forum. While the tales written in our youth make be "pretty bad" they are steps along the way to building storytelling skills.

Telling a tale in game form could be accomplished through writing LitRPG or GameLit fiction. Or, through game creation itself.

Good luck as you continue to write and get those tales in your head down on paper (or word processing file).

Terry