1. AdDIct

AdDIct Active Member

This is Awkward

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AdDIct, Mar 18, 2016.

Wow so obviously as incredibly smart as I am, I'm also one of the densest most blind people I know. Why you ask? Simple. I've been on this forum since approximately January and I'm just now doing this. I don't even know if I should bother at this point since I'm not really "new" perse, but alas.

Hi all! I'm *checks username* AdDlct. It's a username that I just kept cause I'm fairly uniform with them so it just stuck. Anyway. I'm here to write. I like doing that as you probably guessed, have been working on a story I'm tentatively calling LIMBO (fun fact its original name was Mumble Bumble Bee because the entire premise is inspired by that phrase and a dream I had), so that's bound to make some appearances in the workshop as it gets more complete.

I'm a gamer. Smite, L.O.L, Elsword etc. Total dorkfest I know. Comic lover. More of a dork yes. and Anime... that has a special place in my heart and IDC if I'm 60 I will love me some darn Japanese cartoons. Dorkmeter has overloaded.

So hi all. Nice to meetcha and as has come par the course for me to say bye and "this was awkward".

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome.... sorta'... since you've been around a while. :-D

It would be silly to tell you to read the Forum Rules at this point, but incase you haven't, yeah, do that. :whistle: :agreed:

Also, I do not game. :bigconfused: I'm so not a gamer that I wrote a blog about it. :bigoops:

Oscar Leigh and AdDIct like this.
  3. AdDIct

AdDIct Active Member

Lol yeaaaaaa. Thanks mate. And I've totally looked at those (and even clicked that "Welcome to the Fold" thing cause I was like Was ist das?)

I am a gamer. I game hard. Be strong my gameless friends.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. Sileas

Sileas Member

/waves hand

Recovering WoW addict. Sileas is my main. :) Sileas nelf dr00d, Ellykins human frost mage, Trixiekins the adorable gnome warrior, Shassinavo the drainy priest, Rhodri the drainy shammy, Vaurian the human ...trying to be blood DK, Araxie the worgen beast hunter....well, those are the important ones. I just cancelled my account finally earlier this year. Played since November, 2006.

Oscar Leigh and AdDIct like this.
  5. AdDIct

AdDIct Active Member

I've never played WoW, I'm more into MOBA's my biggest game I play currently is SMITE, and then I play stuff like ElSword, Vindictus, Dirty Bomb, DMC, Saints Row etc. I'm big on co-op gaming, but a lot of MMO's get too stale for me.

6. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

"Nerds are the best so embrace it!"-My best friend, to me.:):):):)

AdDIct likes this.
  7. doggiedude

doggiedude Contributor Contributor

I skipped the WoW thing but had a serious addiction to LOTRO for many years.

8. AdDIct

AdDIct Active Member

Oh I do bro. Why else would my main characters have obsessions with comics lol. The dork factor is strong in this one.

I've never played that one. I remember thinking about trying it out in HS but I was preoccupied with the likes of Mabinogi so never did. I skipped the WoW as well cause as a kid it was like "subscription game?" Not happening. Didn't even get a gamecube til I was 10.

Also I love how we're talking about addictions cause of my name which fun fact is actually not an I but actually a lowercase L. So in my head at least the handle would be pronounced Add-list. But yeah lol it's totally because Addict was taken on smite that I found that loophole. So go on. Speak of your addictions and be merry

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  9. Oscar Leigh

Marvel Comics are fun. I actually have a Marvel Character Encyclopedia. It's got a whole bunch of obscure characters, old or very recent. I get the feeling you would like that book. :D

AdDIct likes this.
  10. Sileas

Sileas Member

One of my older sisters played LOTRO---she had fun. She also played City of Heroes. I watched her play once, and .....the character creation process in that game was....unbelievable. In WoW you had a handful of pre-set faces to pick between. In CoH you could sculpt your own nose. Damn.....talk about envy.

11. AdDIct

AdDIct Active Member

Bro I got a nosebleed thinking about it. I sadly don't own anything like that, but I own all of the original Young Avengers comics, and when I get the chance I get myself a marvel subscription and just binge read as many comics as I can in the month. Lol that's when I read all of the 2005 X-Factor. It's really funny, despite being really into Marvel, the only reason you'd really know it is cause I'd have a comic with me and talk about it. I don't own much in the way of t-shirts and the like. Probably cause most of my favs are generally less popular

12. AdDIct

AdDIct Active Member

Man that sounds almost Black Desert level. In Black Desert I've seen people make their characters look like celebs. Granted it takes some work but the potential is there.

13. Oscar Leigh

Dis one:
    upload_2016-3-19_13-20-19.jpeg

AdDIct likes this.
  14. AdDIct

AdDIct Active Member

the cover makes me think of teh fear itself series

15. Oscar Leigh

The only problem with that book is it seriously weighs like two kilos or something. It's so big. (Cough.That'swhathesaid. Cough) ANYWAY. You should buy that book.

AdDIct likes this.
  16. AdDIct

AdDIct Active Member

Oh my god. I feel the preteen humor from a mile away. But hey I can't judge I just watched a Buzzfeed video where someone puts a ahem pleasuring device for the lower region of a woman that has a pump on it, on their face when their coworker said "Put it on your face and be Kylo Ren" (I died)

17. Oscar Leigh

Being silly is fun. Everyone does it sometimes.

AdDIct likes this.