Tags:
  1. PAwriterwannabe

PAwriterwannabe New Member

hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PAwriterwannabe, Jun 30, 2007.

hi. i'm dan weaver. i'm a musician primarily but i figured i'd try my hand at writing. i'm thinking i'll probably be writing a lot of short stories and maybe a few plays. possibly a novel but i doubt i'll get this far. i'm not sure what to say so if you want to know anything just message me or something.

thanks.

dan weaver

ps: i realize that i use all lowercase. it's not bad conventions, its personal style, haha.

2. Bick

Bick New Member

-shakes your hand- Yay for new members!

maybe the lowercaseness will catch on ;)

What genre do you write?

Well, the members here are great and I'm sure you will enjoy it here!

3. PAwriterwannabe

hmm, what genre do I write ... when I was younger I wrote a lot of science fiction but not anymore haha.

I'm not really sure how to answer that yet.

I guess we'll wait and figure out? I'm bad at classifying genres.

dan

ps: thanks for your very nice demeanor.

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hi there and welcome to the forum Dan. I hope that you have a wonderful time here with all of us and if you would like anything reviewed simply send me or one of the other reviewers a pm and we will be more than happy to help out.

Everyone here is quite friendly and helpful and there are plenty of threads that may possibly help you out with your writing endeavours so do check them out.

Well enjoy your time here and I will see you around the board.

~Torana

5. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome.

~Raven.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Dan, and welcome to the Writing Forums.

Noted poet e e cummings also showed a preference for lower case in his verse.

If you've taken a walk about the site, I'm sure you've discovered that there is a forum for creating song lyrics as well. As a musician, you may or may not want to develop along that path. Even if you don't, reading the submissions and responses can be enlightening no matter what writing forms you pursue.

But don't just look at the Review Room. That is only a a small part of what the site has to offer. The social interaction in the Community Interaction section helps us get to know one another. With writing and reviewing alike being very subjective, it's helpful to know the person who is writing them. And the Writing Issues forums hierarchy is a great repository of experience and viewpoints on questions about writing and publishing.

Have plenty of fun!

7. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Away for but 36 hours and so many newbs, welcome, hope you enjoy yourself, any questions let me know!

8. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Hmm... thanking her for demeanor? I'm guessing you've been to some other not-so-friendly sites? Well, WF.org is here to rescue you from all of that nonsense.

Welcome and good day.

ps: you know, I was looking at some of your posts and thought that you had been here longer for some reason. hm.

9. PAwriterwannabe

one of the things I posted (on a thread 'something i started months ago' or something like that) on another board once when I had first started it. maybe you saw it there and then seeing it again made you think i'd been here?

but nope, I'm brand new here haha.

i like your name adamant. And if its a reference to the 80s pirate themed pop star Adam Ant its even cooler

10. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Haven't really been on any other sites, so I guess it was just some warped memory. That or an odd sense of time.

The name came from looking up 'adamantium', the metal that is fused to Wolverine's skeleton. I saw the meaning of it and adopted it. I don't know of the Adam Ant of which you speak. Though I saw a connection to Atom Ant, the cartoon ant superhero. Not exactly the same, but close enough.

Up and at 'em, Adamant!

11. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site :) Look forward to seeing more of you. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask on the boards.

12. PAwriterwannabe

Hahaha X-Men references are just as good. Adam Ant was a really weird british musician who never really got too popular. more of an underground kind of thing. its weird stuff.

13. Dcara83

Dcara83 New Member

hi. this way please! watch the body. don't trip.