1. Isadora

Isadora New Member

A french young writer/translator among you

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Isadora, Jul 5, 2017.

Hello everybody,
    I am glad to join you all in the writing forum. I am Isadora, 26 years old. I studied translation in Paris where I live now.
    I usually write in french which is my mother tongue but, since I also work as a freelance english/spanish>french translator, I love the english language musicality and I would like to improve my written expression (so don't hesitate if you want to give me advices or correct some of my sentences).

I am here because I'm looking for literary texts (any gender) to translate in french. If there are among you writers who would like to see their works translated, I could do it for free (or for what you can give or want to give). I think it could be a good workout for me and a beautiful source of mutual emulation.
    Let me know if you are interested !
    All the best,
    Isadora

2. Lew

Lew Contributor Contributor

Bienvenue, Isadora! J'espere que vous trouverez cette site tres interessante. J'irai a votre pays cette November, pret de Lyons pour un voyage avec Viking . J'ai deux publications, une petite, une grande, tous les deux sans prix pour cinq jours, jusqu'a 10 July. Cherchez-vous, s'il vous plaiz, Member Publications pour "Come, Follow Me" (le petite @ quarante et sept pages) et "The Eagle and the Dragon" (grande @cinq cent et cinquante pages). Voulez-vous essaier la petite? Et pardonnez-vous ma pauvre francais spelling et grammar!

3. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

I admire people who can write fluently in more than one language. Do you find it easier to express something in one language over another? I used to work for a French aeronautical engineer who had been living in the US for years. He told me that now he thought primarily in English, but found that he could only think coherently in French when he was thinking about an engineering problem. And you probably know the story of Albert Schweitzer, who was bilingual in German and French. When he was given the task of translating one of his books from German to French (or was it the other way around?), he found that he couldn't do it ... he had to re-write it almost completely.

4. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

The thread title reminds me of that weird, unspoken and I think unwritten rule of adjectives in English - for whatever reason, a native speaker would say "young French writer" instead of "French young writer", but I have no idea how to explain that rule to someone who hasn't internalized it...

Sorry, weird ramble, there. Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here.

5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Hello sirette. :superhello:

Gir Tacos.jpg