1. vallanceflux

vallanceflux New Member

Furthering A Plot

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by vallanceflux, Oct 27, 2006.

Im really quite fustrated in not being able to further this and get a feel for the compassion to assist it.

Just wondered what people thought.

2. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

What genre are u working towards? Plot hashing is fun! Id be happy to help..also my father is a Coroner and I've stood in on many an autopsy :)

3. vallanceflux

vallanceflux New Member

Yeh...Im not entirely sure. I change ideas regularly, even when writing. Plans errode, ideas unfurl. It leaves whats written obselete in light of new insight.

Originally it was going to be the apocolypse, but moving towards a political satire, none of which is represented in that. Then realism, with supernaturnal aspects, kinda displayed in the first bit with internal controling. I still kinda want to stick with the apocolypse theme but move towards the interaction between different countries in the light of an unrevealed enemy. Preferably with the side/main plot of Aaron discovering whats really behind the ensuing chaos: invasion of our world with the supernatural.

As I said it has to have realism elements. Nothing is going to be 1 man fighting through the whole armies of hell etc to restore order, neither it is moving towards salvation from heaven but just this last ditch attempt by humanity to save itself from an enemy indefinatly more powerful.

4. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Well it sounds like you have a fair idea of where you want it to go. My suggestion might be to just keep writing and develop your main character. As you develop your main character, I think you might find that the story will develop itself somewhat. Sometimes I think we get so caught up in plotting that we forget to let our characters plot for us. Sit back, relax and just write and see what your character has to say.

5. vallanceflux

vallanceflux New Member

Hmmm, fair enough. Thanks.