1. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Help my thief character steal an item belonging to the emperor

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by rktho, Mar 29, 2017.

Quick rundown: You see my signature, you know what's important about all my characters.

So, there's a guy named Daktarash, who has this super ancient sword that's more valuable than he realizes. (But it's not like he doesn't know it isn't.) Zarakharn, the emperor, is looking for it, and when he finds out Daktarash has it, he asks him to meet and bring the sword so he can buy it. Daktarash does this. They talk a bit about the sword and Daktarash's job (where he carelessly tells Zarakharn where he's going next.) Daktarash then bids Zarakharn goodbye with a considerable sum of money in tow.

The scene I need to flesh out: Daktarash doesn't walk out of the palace. First, he goes into Zarakharn's room and steals a crystal from it. Zarakharn's snake sees the theft and tries to stop him. Daktarash manages to outrun the snake and walk out.

I need to figure out how he can pull this off-- sneak into the room, steal the crystal, not attract suspicion while running from a snake (although, that wouldn't be so suspicious as the fact that he's not in an area of the palace where he's supposed to be) and get past the guards' security search. Can you help me out?

2. Jane with dyslexic flag

Jane with dyslexic flag Member

ok how about climb out a window either up or down depending on what floor he is on and which floor the room you want to sneak into.
    (so draw up ascrmatic of your emperor's palace and imagine how u would like it and also how it would be possible to get access to breaking it in and steal something)
    for example have the palace 7 stores tall with pillars and gargyles or statues or dark crevices and shadow spots in certain areas so as you character sneaks around he can jump into hiding/blind spots from getting spotted by the guards or servants, or have him disguise himself as a servant and use the servant secret passage ways to get in and out.
    or have him disguise him self as a offical or noble which he could sneak in and out of the emperor's wing and you could even have the guards help with the snake chasing him.
    "Guards restrain this snake, you don't want the emperor's prize snake to escape the palace! who do you think he would blame if it got away or stolen? etc
    hope this helps u somewhat