1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. danh789

danh789 New Member

Help needed writing a personal statement for college

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by danh789, May 10, 2008.

Im a second year college student. Next year I hope to change college to study a different course in business. As part of the application I have to write a personal statement on my academic history and personal grounds for application. I am not very good at this sort of thing but getting the course I want may depend on it. So could you guys help me write it, give me a few ideas of want to say or sentences I could use.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

email me if you want one-on-one help with it... i work with lots of students on their app essays...

maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. danh789

danh789 New Member

Please can anyone offer me any more help

4. illuminati

illuminati Member

Hi danh789,

I would suggest the following:

1) Short introduction of yourself

2) Brief description of your motivation for applying there

3) Academic history

4) Thank them for their time and then get outta there!

Hope this helps...

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

There are many sites designed to provide much more focused assistance in this area than a creative writing site. For example, a Google search on college application letter writing turned up this site at the top of the list.

6. danh789

danh789 New Member

Character Reference

I'm a first year college student. I'm hoping to move to a different college next year. A part of the application a character reference is required. What will I have to do for it? Does someone else have to write it? Whats its layout?

Please I need help!!!

7. Sandy Banks

Sandy Banks Member

Just be truthfull. Tell them who you are, why you wanna change courses etc etc. Maybe say what yuo wanna do when you finish college. There not trying to catch you out. As long as you tell the truth it should be fine.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

the 'layout' is whatever the application says it is... and of course someone else has to write the reference... you don't write your own character reference...

that said, this is not the place to ask these questions, since none of us works for that college's application department... the only valid answers you'll get is from the college registrar's office... just call them, if you're not sure of something on their application...