Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooklon_Lzbth_Ashdale

Brooklon_Lzbth_Ashdale New Member

Help? Torturing my characters?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Brooklon_Lzbth_Ashdale, Dec 23, 2019.

Hi so I need creative ways to torture my characters.
    I just need like technology-related or advanced torture methods, that are both physical and psychological. Don't be afraid to get gory or to the point of killing, the facility has drugs that can keep a person alive as long as the drug is given/taken while the person is alive. And the big bad character is like all-powerful. Power mimicry, telekinesis, aerokinesis, pyrokinesis, remote viewing, necromancy, can't die, mediumship, superhuman speed and strength, can read, control, and talk to people through mental connections. She is also quite insane and love it when things get bloody. She's not the one to always torture the characters, but will sometimes.
    The place that is torturing these people is called CI and they don't want them dead but are trying to use these above people as leverage for other people. They're a medical/science testing facility and the time is several decades ahead of today. The tech isn't too advanced.

2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Brooklon_Lzbthe! I'm one of the forum moderators here. Unfortunately we've had 'how do we torture people' threads on the forum before, and they never end well.

This is a research issue where Google is your friend. We are happy to help with how to write difficult issues, but you will need to do your own research on what you want to happen, etc. Part of being a writer is thinking up your own ideas then researching them ...especially in this kind of instance. You'll want to know if your character can survive the kinds of things you have planned for them, etc. What sorts of permanent damage might these kinds of things do? This is all stuff that Google can help you discover.

Good luck with your research. I've closed this thread to further responses, but there is no reason you can't research, write your story, and then ask us for feedback in the Workshop, once you've fulfilled the requirements for posting there.

Incidentally, I see you just joined today, so I do want to say Welcome to the forum. I would suggest, before you do anything else, read these two links:

New Member Quick Start

and
    Forum Rules

They will get you started, and give you an idea of what we offer here on the forum. Take your time to get settled in, participate on the threads that draw your interest. Let us get to know you while you get to know us.

See you around the threads! :) If you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to start a conversation with me (click my avatar and follow the signs) and I'll do what I can to help.

Cheers for now,

Jan

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.