1. Rhevya

Rhevya New Member

Help with code name needed

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Rhevya, Oct 11, 2020.

Hello
    I am currently struggling to find a code name/alias for one of my characters for a project in the X-Men universe.

The character i question has the power to push and pull on metals, somewhat like she herself is a magnet. She can let objects fly through the air, either towards her or away from her, but she can also use her powers to to propel herself through the air, making big jumps and leaps, almost like flying. She can also sense metals in her vicinity.

The character is of American and Indian/Gujarati descent but she identifies an American and has spent almost all her life in New York. She's ambitious with a competitive streak which served her well when she was still aspiring to become a ballerina. This has changed since her powers manifested a couple years ago and she's now fighting for equal rights for others like her, meaning people with special powers. She generally has a positive outlook on life and tries to enjoy it fully, is open-minded but can be quite direct. She's witty, resilient and can be rebellious at times, but she's also quite worried about the future and that life will get much harder for people like her.

I've thought of a few names so far, but nothing really 'clicked':

Ferrox (from ferrum/ferro, lat. for iron)
    Force (from magnetic forces)
    Soar (since she can ‘soar’ through the air)
    Leap (from the ability to jump quite high)
    Saltation (I like the combination of it meaning to jump high/far, to dance (since it's a passion of hers) and the fact that it also describes a leap in evolution, often stemming from mutation, which is how she got her powers)

The name should be related to her powers in some way or another and it should be short, one or two words max and it shouldn't be something that's already well known/used, like Magneto or Polaris.

Thinking about it for days but can't seem to come up with something decent, so I am happy about any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance
    Rhevya

2. Actressread

Actressread New Member

How about "Collecta"?

Probably sounds a little dumb but its a suggestion. :cool:

3. Rhevya

Rhevya New Member

Hey

No not dumb at all, it's definitely the right direction. Just not 100% what I'm looking for. But then I can be very difficult when it comes to names :geek:
    Anyway thanks for your suggestion:friend:

4. Actressread

Actressread New Member

No problemo :D;)

5. mar-iposa

mar-iposa Member

Allure? because she can attract metals to her?

I've been thinking for quite a while and that's all I could come up with. Anything else didn't sound very catchy... this is a difficult one!

Malisky likes this.
  6. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

How about Elxi? (Attraction). Metallica? Wait. Where have I heard this before? :p

7. Rhevya

Rhevya New Member

Tell me about it :crazy: All I could come up with in the meantime was Slingshot, since she can shoot objects, and also herself through the air.
    Was thinking about Attraction myself, but yeah, not quite right. I quite like Allure though, her powers wouldn't be the first think coming to my might when hearing that name, but that doesn't need to be a bad thing.
    Same for Elxi, which also gave me some new ideas to check out. Or I just turn her into a lover of metal music, who knows:D Anyway, thanks a lot to both of you.

8. Professor What

Professor What New Member

Aurora comes to mind, since it's actually a name and it's a phenomenon associated with a magnetic field.

9. KiraAnn

KiraAnn Senior Member

X-men universe?

Miss Magneto is what comes first to my mind.

10. Rhevya

Rhevya New Member

I really like Aurora as a name, but for me it's somehow too closely related to light for it to work in that scenario, plus it might already be used as the actual name for another character :)
    And yes Miss Magneto would fit, same with Polaris/Polarity but I really want something that's not to close to existing names.
    But I got some great ideas, so thanks to everyone, sure I'll find the perfect name eventually, some of these names here I really like :)