1. stumps96

stumps96 New Member

Help with developing horror movie script/plot?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by stumps96, May 25, 2013.

So I am going to be filming tonight and have everything pretty much in place. The setting is this. (and mind you I had to meet certain requirements for the class so yes, the story is a bit cliche)

Quick Plot roundup

A boy is strangely obsessed with a single girl. Ever since he was little, he despises females, but thinks that she is the perfect woman in every way. (loosely based off a greek myth which was a requirement) He must have her and nobody else can. So he plans an end of the year camping trip with a group of kids and friends from his high school. Over the course of the weekend trip his plan is to slowly, one by one get rid of each person until it is only him and her. While everyone is packing camping essentials and summer items he is packing weapons and tools to get rid of each of the other campers or "obstacles". As the trip progresses campers begin to go missing. May it be they went to grab some wood for the campfire, or other random things that campers do to wander off in the woods alone...
    So here is my dilemma. I need to find fluid and realistic ways to get rid of these people! I need 4 deaths. Dont think too crazy because I have to be able to film it ;)
    I guess what Im asking is, help me with ideas and supporting ideas for the plot or even a small piece you wrote that you think would fit in nicely with the story. honestly ALL CRITICISM AND HELP is high appreciated. I dont want this to look like crap which will happen if I go ahead with what Ive got...haha *sobs

2. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

have you thought of brute force? bit like in the Halloween movies (any which ones you please) where Mikey uses just brute force on some of the people he kills

3. stumps96

stumps96 New Member

That is a beautiful idea! brute force.......So many ideas just popped into my head right there. THANK YOU anymore suggestions???

4. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

youre welcome :)

5. ProsonicLive

ProsonicLive New Member

have you thought about a memento style where the killer does not even know they are the killer? thus making your killer genuinely scared as well and it would just seem like disappearances (cheap).
    could do the same thing with otherworldly baddies.

6. Xatron

Xatron New Member

If they are going camping then maybe he sets traps and lures them into those traps. Laughing over their dieing bodies and crossing their names off his list.

Although lately I find myself more scared of singing little girls than brute force butchers like Jason Voorhees or Freddy Krueger.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Your story, your ideas - your responsibility.

8. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Go camping near a lake and lure someone out into open water to drown. =)

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

why on earth [and how] are you filming, if you don't even have the script completed yet?

10. lonelygirl1984

lonelygirl1984 New Member

Use strange noises to lure them outside then slice and dice them with a machete like Jason

11. Justin Rocket 2

Justin Rocket 2 Contributor Contributor

Deadfall (death by falling tree branch)
    Fishing accident (death by fish hook to the jugular)
    Allergic reaction (death by weeds or bug bite)
    Poison (perhaps something causing cramping while swimming)
    Hatchet (perhaps it "accidentally" falls while the campers are hanging something from a tree)

12. maskedhero

maskedhero Active Member

4 ways to eliminate someone in a horror movie, quietly, not too vicious (though why people would just be okay with others disappearing is beyond me)...

1. Water based death (drowning is horrible)
    2. Traps
    3. Poison would work really well
    4. Velociraptor

13. Justin Rocket 2

Justin Rocket 2 Contributor Contributor

Long road trip and no way to spend the time in the back seat but watching videos on the laptop - and the only thing available is Uwe Boll and Michael Bay movies