0.0%
  4. Other?

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ella Frank

Ella Frank New Member

Where would you go on your first date?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Ella Frank, Aug 8, 2011.

People were getting alittle confused although it is titled where would you go..I guess it should read where would you go if you were THEM..lol

Ok guys and girls, I'm here to pick your brains a little bit :) I want honest opinions from anyone that has ever gone on a first date that they weren't quite sure they wanted to go on in the first place, lol.

I'm trying to decide the location of my date. I have a few ideas in mind so let me set up the scene for you so you can have a better idea what you would be voting for. If anyone has read my work it is to go with my story Chasing Time.

Two MC's are Dr Lena O'Donnell, all around pain in the ass, prickly, standofish to anything even resembling a relationship. She keeps her heart locked up tight to stop herself from caring about anyone enough to be hurt if they leave. This stems from losing her sister in a car accident.
    Second MC - Mason Langley, he hasn't been introduced in my writing here yet but to give you a quick basic background on him he owns and runs a very popular restaurant and meets Lena while delivering flowers for his mom. he is the complete opposite of lena, loves women has a different realtionship every month and is close to all his immediate friends and family.

They instantly butt heads and although Lena is rude and condescending Mason finds her intriguing because she doesn't fall at his feet. Ok so anyways he goads her into a date with him and that's where I'm at with it..now the question is where.

Option 1
    His restuarant at the bar. He wants her to work with him for an hour at the bar to get her talking to people and to step outside of her very professional box and to do something she has hinted at as beneath her - I think this could be a fun interesting option and it would allow her by the end of the night to grow as a character.

Option 2
    The back kitchen of his restaurant. Private dinner, he impresses her with his cooking but she still remains standoffish. This idea seems ok to me but I feel that it has been done before and isn't quite as entertaining as I would want it to be.

Option 3
    Somewhere completly different. A dance club where he is determinded to get Dr O'Donnell to loosen up, however it doesn't go quite as he plans because he runs into the press who love hounding him as one of the most eligable bachelors.

Option 4
    Something else - please rely in the form of a post.

Thanks for your time and input guys :)

Ella
    xx

2. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

i didn't understand if I should vote for what I would have preferred (as the title of the post) or where I think they should go...

3. Leah

Leah Member

Option 2
    The back kitchen of his restaurant. Private dinner, he impresses her with his cooking but she still remains standoffish. This idea seems ok to me but I feel that it has been done before and isn't quite as entertaining as I would want it to be.

My vote is for this option - I think you could have a lot of fun with it. Especially if he has her involved with any of the food preperation. With wine flowing, food making, hands touching as he tries to show her how to do something, it would open up an opportunity for more between them. You could go all the way or heat it up enough that the reader can't wait for more.

Just my 2c. Good story idea though. I have a similar pairing in one of my WIP but my MC female is opposite of Lena - so the flip side to what you have going on.

Happy writing! :)

4. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Im only 14, so i would suggest other. Proably a Movie or something :p. I don't know, i got nothing. How should i know? haha.

5. AllThingsMagical

AllThingsMagical Member

Option 2

From what you've said I get the impression Mason would want to entertain and impress a girl but in a private way so as to keep the attention on himself and option 2 fits best with that - unless I've misinterpreted his character that is.

6. The_NeverPen

The_NeverPen Member

Dinner on the roof of his restaurant. It's very private and gives her the chance to look down on people all night.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

They are your characters. You already have lined up your choices. It is, and should be, your decision and yours alone.

But consider this. There is much more story potential if they don't make the best choice for their first date.