1. Cj.beany

Cj.beany New Member

Help with this species design

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Cj.beany, Jun 14, 2016.

I'm trying to write this paranormal fantasy. This species I'm trying to develop is not unlike vampires and Basically their warriors from decades past, Chosen by village elders, kings and what not to be the protectors of the earth for eternity. They can travel during the day and though blood is much like a drug to them and makes them stronger it isn't necissary to survive. They also have a beast within them caused by hundreds of years of bloodshed (no shape shifting though). When they are originally turned their strings of fate are tied to one female.

My question is. In what way can I get these females to turn into these immortal warrior like vampires. (That I have no name for...help?)
    Should there like some magic in their souls that calls for their fated one, that accepts the magics of the warriors gift into themself?
    Could there be a way I could push some elemental abilities on the Warriors or female ? Or is there to much going on with them already ?
    And how could I fit compulsion into this?

Any help would be appreciated. I know it's alot to ask but I'm just at a road block with some of these details

Seraph751 likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Well why are they vampirical, and why must they be immortal? There is a Legion of the Imperial Space Marines in the Warhammer 40K series, known as the Blood Angels. They have a genetic disposition that gives them fangs, and are known for drinking the blood of their enemies. But they are not vampires nor does this give them any special powers. (Which is interesting considering the fact that Demons are a part of the same universe.) :)

Perhaps you can have some sort of a special coven of sorts, that binds the whole lot together. So you could have a genetic mutation within your vampire like species, that is the result of magical manipulation of the soul of their founding female leader. Though I don't understand how it would translate to the others, unless there is an initiation of sorts that would give them these extra abilities. I am going to assume that the blood has to come from humans, in order for the extra power boost in strength to work. As far as elemental abilities IDK, that is up to you. I think making them immortal and super strong (under the fore mentioned pretext) gives them a huge advantage. Is there any type of disadvantages that they have, cause being OP (over powered) to the degree in which you make them out to be, makes them a little less exciting. So with out a Lore or Mythos into the background to aid in trying to help you out with your questions, makes the burden of trying to be helpful a tad difficult.

It is an interesting concept you have. Though I think you need to figure out how it all comes together and functions. Maybe writing a brief history about how it all began, and how the whole system works within your universe. Complexity is a nice thing when you understand how it all works, but you need to first explore the details of how it all works. As for compulsion, you state that blood is a drug to them. So like most addictions they will always have the need to get what they crave, whether it be in a good or bad fashion. The stronger the cravings means more and more drastic measures are taken in order to feed the addiction.

Well I hope this has been at least a little bit helpful to you. Good luck and I hope you figure it out. :supersmile:

Cj.beany likes this.
  3. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

My question is. In what way can I get these females to turn into these immortal warrior like vampires. (That I have no name for...help?)
    Magic Leeches. Got ideas of blood and being parasite in their, and a potential horror element.

Should there like some magic in their souls that calls for their fated one, that accepts the magics of the warriors gift into themselves?
    I wouldn't do it.

Could there be a way I could push some elemental abilities on the Warriors or female ? Or is there to much going on with them already ?
    Yes there is, you write it. Should you, probably not.

And how could I fit compulsion into this?
    By saying they have compulsion or that they have magic.

As someone who's currently working on their own species of vampire, these are just my suggestions. You have to find your own method.

4. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

There are numerous ways, it really depends on your warriors. Find something unique to them and use that uniqueness as a jumping point for what changes the female.

Cj.beany likes this.