Tags:
  1. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

Just a few questions

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by fantasy girl, Dec 15, 2009.

Hmmm, I have a few questions.

Can a vampire be in an abusive relationship???

And, can a character start off as a bit of a mary-sue, but then change during the novel, series, television program, to be a more interesting character, with a personality and that isn't always right?

Fantasy Girl xx

2. TragicJuliet

TragicJuliet New Member

I don't see why either can't happen. What exactly do you mean by 'mary-sue' though? Good at everything, perfect grades, well liked by everyone?

3. The-Joker

The-Joker Contributor Contributor

Of course they can. It's fiction. The only limitations to character development are your imagination and your skills at creating a plausible character arc.

A person can be/do/transform into anything under the right circumstance. You create those circumstances and you'll make anything possible

4. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

The only boundaries to creative writing are your imagination and your ability with words.

5. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

Franz Kafka transformed his narrator into a giant insect. I'm sure that a vampire could live in a trailer park and have a running bet (the wager is a 24 pack of Natural Light) with the neighbor about who can be on 'Cops' more times in a year.

6. TragicJuliet

TragicJuliet New Member

Oh LordKyle, you make me laugh. All i can do now is picture this hilly-billie Vampire with a beer belly cussing out a cop.

7. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

I've been thinking of that too. I may have to write this :) Trailer 1 is a vampire, trailer 2 is a werewolf. Take that new moon.

8. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Oddly enough, that put the depraved image of a vampire chaining someone up, attaching them to the plumbing, and using them as a blood-tap (like a wine-tap, but... yeah) into my head. Come to think of it, surely any sufficiently evil modern vampire would just do that instead of leaping through windows etc.?

Also, hillbilly vampire needs an abusive human wife who keeps a crucifix in her pocket.
    "You arguin' with me, Mister? Let's see how you like the taste of Jesus, huh?"

9. writewizard

writewizard New Member

A vampire can absolutley be in an abusive relationship. I know this isn't chargin and all Twilight fans will disown me for this, but some posters on Google are actually considering Edward an abuser. I don't believe that Stephanie Myers wanted Edward to be compared to an abuser. I'm just stating that a vampire can be stuck in abusive relationship. (And yes, I realize Bella is NOT a vampire, but I think she was changed in the fourth book.)

Yes, a character can start out as a Mary Sue and change. Everyone can change. Take the character and "put them through the fire" -- break it, bend them, mold them. Make them come to life. :D

10. TragicJuliet

TragicJuliet New Member

a lot of sociology majors would tell you that Edward is a cookie-cutter emotional and mental abuser, i really don't think she intended it that way, but looking at the psychology of it is really interesting.

to the OP: I have no idea if you're still reading any of this but I would look into physchology as well as vampire legends, see if you want him to be mentally abused or physically abused. I would defiantly be interested in it.

LordKyle you SO need to do this! Could be called "HillBilly Moon" ahaha

11. Ecksvie

Ecksvie New Member

In regards to the abusive relationship, of course! It just requires skill and thought on your part. If vampires have incredible strength and speed in your universe, nobody would believe he/she will stand there while their partner hits and abuses them unless you come up with a suitable explanation. I like the concept though. It's nice to see a vampire who's not an all powerful god!

12. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

Thank you for all your comments. I'm glad you like the idea Tragic, because it is part of my current WIP.

Fantasy Girl xx

13. TragicJuliet

TragicJuliet New Member

Awesome, when ever you need a pair of eyes and an opinion on it! just send me a PM! I remember reading some of you're stories on here, you're a good writer so I am defiantly excited to see how this one will turn out

14. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

Thanks Tragic, if you want to have a look, the Prologue has been posted. I'll send you a link if you're intrested