Tags:
  1. mhiz

mhiz New Member

Here to Learn

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mhiz, Apr 4, 2019.

Hi everyone, mhiz here.:superhello:

Not too good at introductions, but I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I'm relatively new to the writing scene and haven't much experience with the craft. I've written some short stories before, a few poems here and there, etc., but I never really dedicated myself to writing. I'm as green as you can get, ha!

However, I've been quite overwhelmed with school lately and have decided to take the upcoming summer off. Since then, an idea has been at my head for a while and has created an itch, if you will, that just needs to be scratched. It's the same feeling I got before I started drawing again.

Sentiments aside, my WIP is very early in development, so I doubt I'll be talking much about it anytime soon. All I can say for now is that it involves sentient dragons, political intrigues, and a legendary warrior finding himself stuck with a trio of aspiring adventurers. It'll be fun to write, that's for sure!

Anyway, I now find myself here. I'm not new to forums, so I'll get the hang of the site pretty quick. I definitely look forward to learning much from this site and from you all. So, here's to it!

XRD_author likes this.
  2. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Nothing better than someone willing to learn. Remember you can learn as much or more about writing by doing comprehensive critiques on others work. It allows you to see a lot of common issues in other members writing, which makes them easier to spot in your own. I look forward to seeing you helping us out in the workshop.