1. summer-ray

summer-ray Banned

Inspiriation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by summer-ray, Sep 30, 2007.

Im feeling rather un-inspired lately...i sit and stare at my paper untill everything just becomes a blur.Normally i can just sit down and write without even thinking. theres been a lot of stress in my life recently, do you think stress could block the flow of your inspiration and creativity? Its like i want to write but theres just nothing there. does anyone else get this way or do i stand alone?

summer

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

nah Summer, i am experiencing the same thing right now. i know what i want to write but i cannot get it out. i hate it. just perservere, try small writing exersices and eventually your muse will some back :D

3. summer-ray

summer-ray Banned

yeah i can try that i guess
    thanks heather

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

it's allright. like i said, everyone goes through it. its common name is Writers Block. i hate it :(

5. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Stress can kill a writers creativity. Thats why I haven't really written anything for the past few months.
    Find out whats stressing you out, and try to either come to terms with it, or avoid it. Also try the writing exercises they do help.
    I've also found the writing contests here on the forum keep me at least writing something. You might try to challenge yourself with that. The contest gives you the idea right off the bat, so it takes out the first step for you.

6. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Well, you can't force inspiration. Personally, I tend to feel the most inspired when I'm stressed out. Unfortunately, those are usually the times when it's hardest for me to find time to write. Go figure.

Try doing something new. Going on a day trip to a place you've never been. Start reading up on something you've never looked into (like a different religion, or an art form, or a foreign language). Something new could give you the jump-start that you need.

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Ok that is my problem at the moment but I can't avoid my daughter :( that is nasty to do that.

8. summer-ray

summer-ray Banned

thanks for all of your ideas everyone, ill give them a go when i can find some time as ive been busy at work and caring for my sick puppy in my spare time

9. Myst

Myst Active Member

I have lots of ideas but no faith in my ability, nor the time, to pen them...

Anyway give your life priority, maybe try to come out with a short piece once in a while. Like The Freshmaker said trying new things would also help to oil the gears of your imagination. As long as you keep a part of your brain for writing, the inspiration will come back to you sometime.