Tags:
  1. HawaiianParadise

HawaiianParadise New Member

Hey, I'm new around here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HawaiianParadise, Oct 30, 2017.

Hi all! I started writing when I was seven, and produced a really awful short story that I will not post here, due to its sheer awfulness. Six years later, I was looking for a writing community and they either cost money to even make an account or they let you make a free account, but to post anything you had to pay for the "premium package". Then I found this and here I am!

Anyway, I am now writing a middle-grade novel that I hope will be around fifty thousand words, but I've got a track record of short stories that were supposed to be novels so it probably won't be any more than 20K. I might post the first chapter or an excerpt, once I learn my way around.

As for critiques...if anyone wants me to look at their work, I will, though I'm anything but experienced and will probably be more harm than help. :) So if you're willing to take that risk, go for it, but I don't read anything that would be too explicit for a YA bookshelf.

If I do post parts of my novel, critiques would be very welcome. Thank you!

2. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

Welcome to the forums! I was quite unsure of my ability to critique when I first came here as well, but it's honestly not as hard as it seems. You may feel you have nothing useful to say, but trust me, you do ;) Anyway, welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the forums!

P.S. I love your signature :)

HawaiianParadise likes this.
  3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Welcome along.

And @8Bit Bob is right. Don't listen to all the nonsense about critiquing being an art form or a skill. It's not. You read the piece then say what you did or didn't like about it.