Tags:
  1. jrs7285

jrs7285 Member

Finally!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jrs7285, Aug 11, 2008.

Hey everyone,

my name is Joshua, and I have been searching for a writer's forum that is active for quite a while. I considered starting my own, but I don't really have time to maintain it. I was extremely excited when I stumbled across this one.

I like to write in my free time, and I usually write fantasy stories. I have strayed from fantasy a couple times, but for the most part that's what I write.

My signature includes links to some of my stuff, so feel free to head over to those sites and check out some of the things I've written. Be forewarned that I don't have as much time as I'd like to write, so there are a lot of unfinished stories over there that I hope to finish eventually. So, if you read one that just over entertains you (wishful thinking ;) ), let me know!

Again, I'm glad to be here!

2. AnonymousWriter

AnonymousWriter New Member

Hey, welcome to the forum :)
    I'll check out some of your work on the sites you pointed out.
    Enjoy your stay.

3. jrs7285

jrs7285 Member

Thanks!

4. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

Hi Joshua! I think you'll fit right in, seeing as a lot of users here seem to write fantasy. See you around the boards!

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Joshua, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. rincewind31

rincewind31 Active Member

Hello to you, and welcome to me too. As i am also new but i couldnt be bothered starting a new thread, because i couldnt come up with an interesting working title. like most budding writers, i am lazy like that. :)

7. WhoWatchesTheWatchmen?

WhoWatchesTheWatchmen? New Member

Welcome! :D-{===> :)D

8. ParanormalWriter

ParanormalWriter New Member

Welcome, Joshua. Glad to have you here. :)

9. jrs7285

jrs7285 Member

Welcome to you too!

10. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums :)