1. IronChick

IronChick New Member

Hey there! New to writing forums...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by IronChick, Jun 14, 2017.

Hello :) I am new to writing forums, or any forum at all. My father was a writer and wrote a couple of novels, but as for myself, I haven't been writing long. I've always wanted to write a book of some kind, so at the beginning of the year, I decided to go for it and dive into the world of writing. Here I am, currently working on my first book. I am so excited to learn anything I can about writing and how the industry works. I am also VERY excited to be a part of a writing community such as this and meet as many of you as I can. :)

2. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Hi @IronChick (Awesome name btw :D) and welcome to the forum. We have a great little community here, everyone's friendly and supportive, been a member for 2 years, give or take, myself and absolutely love it here. So good luck with your book and have fun here :).

3. IronChick

IronChick New Member

Thanks, @Fernando.C ! So when I have certain writing questions, should I start a new thread with the question(s), or find the category the question should fit in, and post it there?

4. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Ok so there are sub forums for different aspects of writing. so you'd ask questions about publishing in the 'Publishing' subforum or your question relates to characters then you post it in the 'Character development' subforum and so on. There are also a sub from called 'By the Genre' where you can ask all sorts of questions about writing a specific genre, Fantasy and Sci Fi have their own dedicated subforums there and for other genres you can mark your thread by prefixes to tell people which genre you're thread is about.

If you have general writing questions or not sure where a specific question should go then post it in the 'General Writing' sub forum.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anytime if you need more help with anything :) .

5. IronChick

IronChick New Member

Awesome, thanks!

6. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Greetings, welcome, and salutations to the Forum, sirette. :superhello:

First rule of write club: Write
    Second rule of write club: Write a lot
    Third rule of write club: Edit
    Fourth rule of write club: Write even more:D

Good luck with your first, and I will C-ya around. :supersmile:
    bang-head-on-keyboard.gif~c200.gif

7. IronChick

IronChick New Member

Thank you!!! Nice to meet ya!

Cave Troll likes this.
  8. Hello, my name is Gregory, 46. I love to write and want to network with other writers. I love writing fiction and want to expand as a writer.