1. m24p

m24p Member

Only half a writer - HI!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by m24p, Sep 11, 2013.

I like reading. A lot. I haven't written a whole lot and I'm not super good at it. But! I like creating songs, and an important part of songwriting is creating the lyrics. So it seems like it'd be cool to join a writers forum for that alone. And if I ever get back to trying to write that fiction novel, well... I'll be in a good community for that, too.

Hi everyone!

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Why only half a writer?? :confused::p

Here's the Forum Rules. I can see you're already getting involved in the chat, so carry on! ;)

Wrey

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

There's a whole song writers and poetry writers section on the forum. I'm pretty sure they are also defined as writers. Welcome to the community. :)

4. m24p

m24p Member

Thanks Wreybies and GingerCoffee!

I didn't mean to say that poetry and songwriting were not "real" writing. Just that I haven't done enough of ANY type of writing to consider myself a full-on writer. It's mostly been a neglected hobby for me. So I called myself a half-writer. Besides, I wanted a title that was more interesting than just "hi!" or the even more boring "I'm maytwentyfourth productions, but I got tired of typing out 'maytwentyfourth productions' so I go by m24p!" In fact, that would have been boring AND too long for a title. Anyway, thanks for the welcome, the link to the rules, and pointing me toward the song and poetry sections. :)