1. Mr.relax

Mr.relax New Member

I am lost can you help me please .......

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mr.relax, Oct 25, 2011.

hay everyone in this wonderful place , I am a new arrival . actually , I am not that much lost , I just wanted to got your attention , I am sorry for this innocent lie :rolleyes: . I am really happy to be here , and I am just having a few wonders . first , is there a place for academic writing here ?? and if yes how can I go to it . and I am trying to write story , but I not that much immersed by the technics of writing story ,so could you please guys help me to find a good book to make my goal possibly achievable ? that is all for my first participation :D

2. Protar

Protar Active Member

Hi there, this should technically be in the newcomer forum but you're new so whatever. If you want to post excerpts of your work you can do that in the writing workshop (under the novel subforum if you're doing a book.). However to do that you need to be registered for at least two weeks, have twenty posts and review two pieces of other peoples work. This sounds like a chore but believe me when I say that it really gets you involved in the community, rather than just posting and leaving.

3. TheSpiderJoe

TheSpiderJoe New Member

First order of business, welcome to the forums!

Second order of business, if you're looking for books on writing there are certain levels you can try depending on your current skill. There are some great beginning books (even the Writing for Dummies series provides some good nuggets of insight) leading up to the more advanced books like How to Write a D*mn Good Novel. Go to your local bookstore and peruse through a few titles to see which ones tickles your interest.

4. shyxter

shyxter New Member

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Relax. I'm a new member too and like you, I look forward to learning from everyone :) Aside from reading technical books on writing, you can browse through some online writing tips that are short and easy to follow. This way you won't get too overloaded with new stuff. Reading some good novels will help you a lot too; it will get your creative juices flowing. Good luck to you!

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

how would a 'story' be 'academic writing'?... or did you mean you want to do both?

short stories and novels have their own sections for reviewing, as does non-fiction writing that would encompass 'academic' stuff like essays, book reviews, etc....