1. jitsufreek

jitsufreek New Member

Greetings from the Jitsufreek

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jitsufreek, Aug 16, 2007.

Stumbled upon this using the great and resourceful Google.

I'm a senior in high school and want to go into writing in university. I write lots of poetry, but am also trying to work on a novel.

If you have any tips on novel-writing or preparing a portfolio of work. Let me know!

Thanks,

Jitsufreek:D

2. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome to the Writing Forums, jitsu. We'd all love another additive to our recipe of help and writing.

As a starter, here's a Noobie Packet designed by adamant:
    http://writingforums.org/showpost.php?p=72834&postcount=1
    I hope it helps with the beginning of our journey here.

As a short note, I'll let you know the basics. The lounge is where everyone goes crazy and sometimes intellectual. Don't go there if you want your brain to live longer. You may want assistance in the Writing Issues area, where you can ask for advice in your weak areas. The Review Room is the heart of our theme, thus you may go there, read posted items and review them (which you must to post your own, at least 2), and enjoy the critique and learn and teach to your best capability.

As I've reached to the end of my welcome note, I'll go a little overboard and shout: NOT ONE GETS MY COOKIES.

Have fun ;)

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is wonderful to have you here among us.
    WE have a few contests running weekly so check them out, there is a poetry contest starting in a coupld of days and short story a few days later. I do hope you decide to join them.

Well there is a lot of information around the boards so I do hope that you find it with ease. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask any one of us members here and we wil be more than happy to help you out where we can.

Well do have a lovely time here and I look forward to seeing you around the boards in the very near future.

Torana :)

4. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Starting a novel? some times it helps to practice story-telling through short stories as they are less time consuming, but can allow for you to discover faults in your methods of conveyance (et cetera).

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello jitsufreek, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, You should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Just be aware that most members go insane once they reach the lounge and the word games is all! :p

7. rml8607

rml8607 New Member

hello and welcome! I just joined here a few weeks ago myself and I really love it here. Everyone is really honest and helpful with feedback, and everyone seems to be really friendly. I'm actually starting a novel too, which I've never done before. Anyway, can't wait to read some of your stuff!

8. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Wecome to the forums! Good to have you here (and I'm glad someone beat adamant and Torana to the newbie packets thing :p). I hope you enjoy your time here, and find the resources useful. If you have any problems, please feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help.

9. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

All their welcomes seconded, any questions let us know, see you around the threads!

10. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

welcome and yea, wut they said lol