1. Delnic

Delnic New Member

Heya

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Delnic, Jan 28, 2017.

Heya, my online persona is Delnic and I am currently undergoing my second year of my media course which is Level 2 I believe (GCSE level, I'm sixteen). I'm studying TV, Film and Radio and I am about to embark on my first large scale project, hence why I joined this site.

I mostly write scripts because they're required for almost all of my projects, but I do write fanfiction on the side just for fun.

My favourite genre is dystopian (if that is one, sorry if incorrect), but I will admit that the cliches are getting a tad boring (Which was why I loved The Girl with all the Gifts, it was a very different take on zombies. Plus it was a UK production!). In fact, the project I'll be starting is a dystopian moving image series and I hope to move away from the Cliches and overused plot devices and instead focus on the character development as well as the realism a lot of people tend to miss when it comes to people's actual chances of survival when it comes to the apocalypse (One of my pet peeves is how some people think it'd be really easy to survive "Like, I'll like take over a shopping mall and like shoot anyone who tries to raid it" - we're in the UK dude. Gotta consider the psychological aspects of it too). Not gonna lie, I'd be one of the first to die from something easy like an infected wound or something along those lines.

So I reckon I'll mostly be using this site for my scripts and I'll try and help out other too. Nice meeting y'all.

2. Andy_Megumi

Andy_Megumi Member

Well made dystopian stories are very interesting!
    Nice to meet you! :superwink:

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. Elven Candy

Elven Candy Pay no attention to the foot in my mouth Contributor

Welcome! I admit to not reading (or watching) a lot of dystopian or apocalyptic things, but I can certainly see the draw to them. Cliches can actually add to a book or movie, if done well, so don't worry about avoiding all of them.

4. Darkless

Darkless New Member

Hey, welcome. I'm a fan of zombies. I haven't really finished anything on the subject, but I do have something halfway done, kinda like a survival story. I put that story aside since I have some others I want to get out of the way first.