1. Kater

Kater Member

Heyo

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kater, Sep 12, 2017.

Hey, all! I'm not great at talking about myself, but I'll give it a shot!

The name's Kater, and like many of you, I'm sure, I've been writing since I was a kid, but I've never really buckled down and tried to write anything "for real", with the intent of finishing or publishing. It was all just fun and games, though I've always dreamed of being a published author and writing for a living. Over the years of writing short stories, fanfic, and roleplaying, I've been told by both friends and strangers that I'm a very good writer, so that's encouraging. I've decided now's the time to change that, and I'm hoping that by being active on a writer's forum with like minded folks I can find the inspiration to finish.

I'm currently writing a children's fantasy book. I'm not good at figuring out an age for my audience (I'm bad at aging people in general), but luckily my girlfriend, also a fantasy writer, is very good at thinking about audience, so she's helping me with that. I like to write horror, and I never know what's considered okay for kids and what's going too far, so I'm sure I'll need help editing that, ahahaha. I've got a third of it outlined and I plan on writing the prologue and first chapter this week, so hopefully that pans out! My goal is to have a rough (very rough!) draft finished by Christmas.

When I'm not writing, I'm looking for a job (ha), drawing lowbrow art, taking care of my mini dachshund and kitten, and watching tv with my girl (we just finished "Breaking Bad" this weekend; it was my first time watching and I'm pretty traumatized; I keep having nightmares about that last season). Both my girlfriend and I are looking into going back to school this year to finish our bachelor degrees and get our masters and teaching licenses. She's all set to go back in a few weeks, but I still don't know what I want to major in >sigh<. I mean, if I could major in anything I'd just do art because that's my thing (shockingly I found English, my first major, very boring), but you're always told art is one of those "throw away" degrees, so I just don't know....

So anyway, that's that! I guess I'll say I'm also 24 years old, born and raised in population 190 (we share a school with our neighbor, population 1100), where I'm currently living and renting an old house on my dad's ranch. We're always running out of water, or having bats and rats in the bedroom, or hearing weird noises, it's all just very fun (sarcasm). My girlfriend, never one for writing horror, is actually working on a psychological horror novel about a guy living in isolation in a very similar abandoned house and slowly going out of his mind, ahahaha. I guess it's therapeutic. We're hoping to save enough money to move by the end of the year. And now I'll end this with no conclusion because endings were never my strong suit.

Pyra Sunny likes this.