1. Mocheo Timo

Mocheo Timo Senior Member

Question [Solved] Writing Contest Question

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mocheo Timo, May 9, 2015.

Since this is a general writing section, I'm supposing it's okay to ask a question about the forum.
    Where do people post the Writing Contest submissions? I can see the title of some texts in the thread (both poem and short stories), but they are only for the voting and I don't know how to access them. Is this because I'm not allowed to post them yet? The submissions I did see, were all made by the same person. Which brings another question: Does one person make all the submissions for competitions?
    Can somebody explain to me how it works? I'm pretty confused. :unsure:

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

If you go to the short story contest sub-forum you'll find that the threads have different prefixes. The contests you can post in have the prefix "Current contest" and the title of the thread says OPEN. When you post in this thread your post will automatically be anonymized to ensure fair voting (no one knows who posted the stories). Voting take place in a separate thread prefixed with "Open voting", with a link to the thread with the contest entries. After the voting ends the entries are de-anonymized and the authors revealed.

The other contests may work a bit differently (e.g. with entries being in the same thread as the voting). I don't have much experience with those.

3. Mocheo Timo

Mocheo Timo Senior Member

That clarified things a lot. Thank you.

4. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Yes, Komposten described it perfectly. If you have any questions about the poetry contest in particular (which is the contest I run), feel free to contact me.