Tags:
  1. TheScorpion

TheScorpion Member

New to site...not so new to writing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TheScorpion, Feb 2, 2018.

Hi all,

Gotta say, I love finding new communities such as this! Looking forward to reading new stuff and learning more. Coming off my first official rejection from the legit publishing world, I realized I need to buff up my skills. and am looking forward to feedback.

Here's to learning something new!

xoxo
    The Scorpion

2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello Scorpion. Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're already ahead of some of us here. At least you've produced something that's been rejected! :) Several members here (not me) ARE traditionally published, so they may be of particular help to you. Also many have gone the self-publishing route. And many more of us aren't quite there yet.

Are you a novelist, or do you do other kinds of writing?

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. TheScorpion

TheScorpion Member

You have to love a world where rejection is a sign of experience. Who knew! I'll have to work on connecting with the successfully published and see what advice they might have.

Predominantly, I'm a novelist although I have a few short stories, poetry and other projects (non-fiction, how-to) in the works as well. My main projects are fiction, specifically science and historical. I've written most of my life but lately I've been considering turning it into a career and I'm looking to absorb everything I can in order to be successful.

jannert likes this.
  4. Seren

Seren Writeaholic

Welcome! Yes, you should look at your rejections like medals and wear them with pride ;). Good luck! :)

TheScorpion likes this.