1. MrsR08062013

MrsR08062013 New Member

Hi Everybody

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrsR08062013, Nov 15, 2018.

Hi Everyone,

I am a female in my late 20's who loves romance, erotica, historical novels, and young children's short stories.

I have been writing short stories, long novels, poetry, and children's picture book stories for many years but never had the confidence to publish anything apart from one poem which got published with poems from my whole class and other schools about 13 years ago. Until very recently.

I look forward to talking with you all and getting to know you.

Mrs R xx

2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @MrsR08062013 - I feel a bit new here to be welcoming people, but I seem to have lost "new" from my title, so a big warm welcome from me

Many writers are unpublished - publishing is a noble goal but publishing isn't what makes writers, writing is :cool:

3. MrsR08062013

MrsR08062013 New Member

Hi Hammer,

Thank you for introducing yourself. I suppose publishing is the ultimate goal, but I have always been told and lead to believe that "a writer is unpublished, but an author is published". And I would love to be an actual author. To see my story in an actual book, the illustrations jumping out at me, creating a whole different world. And also being educational too. I may not be a teacher in a school or work in a playgroup, but being able to teach children through my books would be out of this world.

Mrs R xx

VictoriaPrincess likes this.
  4. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

Hello and welcome to the forums. I am pretty new here as well, but don't worry there's a lot of fun to be had here and a lot of lovely people to get to know :bigsmile:

With a lot of hard work and dedication you can do it!! I like your goals, you can defos make it happen I'm sure.

Best of luck, and, nice to meet you! :bigsmile:

5. MrsR08062013

MrsR08062013 New Member

Hi Victoria,

Nice to meet you. I hope your right, I have been on forums and websites in the past and far too many of them have the majority of members tearing at each other. Putting each other down and generally being extremely negative about everything from helping with certain areas of writing, example extracts, and even peoples goals and achievements. I haven't been a part of anything like this in a very VERY long time as I don't want to experience that all over again. There is enough negativity around and self-doubt, we don't need to be gunning for each other.

Mrs R xx

6. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

Hello Mrs R,

It's good to get away from such negativity as it eventually starts to pull you down. I don't think you'll have any problems like that here to be honest, so far I haven't met one person here who hasn't been friendly. Everyone is kind and very supportive, it's a lovely little community and I'm sure you will fit in great here.

I've been here for about 24hrs and I'm already loving it here! :bigsmile:

7. MrsR08062013

MrsR08062013 New Member

Victoria,

I hope so. So far there has only been 2 people, yourself included, that have written anything to the threads that I have posted. I am a little wary that this may be another small forum where not many people are active in it.

What brings you to this place?

Mrs R xx

8. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

Hello Mrs R,

I think it is quite a big forum really but a lot of the members are in different parts of the world, so different time zones, as whilst I was asleep last night there was a lot of activity. Also I think real life takes over for a lot of members as well, I'll be working tomorrow so won't be nearly as active as I am today, I think that's why a lot of people here come on and off throughout the day.

Stick around, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself when a few more people come online :bigsmile:

I've enjoyed writing since I was a little girl and have been writing on and off since then. When I was in my mid to late teens I began singing, my voice was pretty good as well so I started doing proper singing, I sang at birthday parties, at places of work - once for a man's retirement party he heard my rendition of The Wonder of You originally by Elvis - and I also sang one Christmas which was so much fun! Unfortunately my throat developed a bit of a problem as I can hardly speak now, let alone sing...! That killed the singing career, for now, stone dead so I returned to writing and am now doing that every day when I'm not at work whilst I wait for my voice to recover and also because I have some great ideas and would love to get them written and published sometime :bigtongue: I'm here to meet people like you and also to get some feedback on my writing as I'm not sure whether it's any good or not.

Hugs.

9. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Welcome Mrs R

We don't do that shit here (well not outside the debate room anyway, and I don't go in there anymore) - in general its a pretty friendly place and its well moderated so if you do have any problems let one of the staff know, or any of the long term members.

Its also generally pretty active although membership is split between European, British and American so different people are active at different times - the mods have worked it so their are mods from as many time zones as possible so there's often at least one around. It definitely isn't one of those forums (like say Lit nLat) where days can go past without any interaction.

I'm self published by the way - four books out, another six in process. Thrillers, sci fi, and steamy romance.

VictoriaPrincess likes this.
  10. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

Congratulations @big soft moose ...! That's quite the achievement! Sounds like you do a lot of writing :bigsmile:

11. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

About 2-3k words a day generally... ive git my fifth book out at the end of this month, and another nearly ready to go