1. Sverre Odland

Sverre Odland New Member

Hello :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sverre Odland, Mar 16, 2016.

Hello to all of you in the forum. :)
    I hope, in my fresh beginnings of writing, to gain as much knowledge about the prosess of making an interesting writing style as possible! But, I really must admit that im as scared as I am thrilled over my attempt to try a new artistic approach. Before, I was very active in drawing and photography and in the new art of computer aided expressive stunt art! hehe...for me this was as intuitive as it was unclear in what I really wanted. When I made a random art attempt when combining a photography and a scanned drawing, placing them on top of each other and blending them with blendingstyles in photoshop, hoping it could fulfill my desire of creating something, I was not satisfied.
    Thats a big part of the case why I turned to writing. Its seductive to me the thought of having control over the art that I make.
    So, thank you for reading about me and my motivation! :)

2. Sileas

Sileas Member

Hiya!

It's funny that you've turned from photo/drawing/computer type art to writing to express things better. I'm half in the other direction! :superlaugh: I haven't given up writing by any means, but I'm turning to drawing to more quickly capture my characters. "Quickly" isn't exactly the right word, though... first I have to get a ----ton better at drawing. o_O

welcome!

3. Sverre Odland

Sverre Odland New Member

Thank you Sileas, for the welcome greeting! :)

I think it could surely benefit you or any person to capture any caracter by doing som experiment by drawing! :) :) In my time with that medium, I have had som personal fortune (not money thou ) coming up with some very original caracters, and by the looks of them, they resembles me in some sort or another. :) Not always by shape, but by personal apperance LOL :D Or, the curcumstance they are in. Anyways, I encourage all who want to create stuff, to do some doodling or perhaps a more knowledgeble approach, with drawing. :)

Creatividad feliz!!

(no, I dont speak spanish, but I speak googleTranslate fluently!)

4. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Welcome! Artists are a great addition to the writer community, illustrations can be really cool, especially for sci-fi/fantasy world-building stories. Have you heard of D.M Cornish? He's exactly what I'm talking about and he's really good.

5. Sileas

Sileas Member

Just looked up D.M. Cornish.... I find it curious that a book will get one cover for publication in Australia, a second one for UK, and a third in the US. I want the psychology behind it. "Well, Aussies don't take well to spider webs, but oooohhh that stuff sells books in the US...."

6. Oscar Leigh

Spider webs? That's probably the normal edition. I have the illustrated edition of his trilogy. Maybe they thought Australians won't like spider webs because we might have traumatic memories of poisonous spiders? :rolleyes:

7. Sileas

Sileas Member

I dunno.... I just made something up off the top of my head. Yeah, Aussies and spiders.... I blame you not if you have a fear of 'em.

8. Oscar Leigh

Eh, spiders eat all the mosquitoes that come to my house for the mango tree.

9. Sileas

Sileas Member

...by getting them caught in their teeth as they drive your convertible on the highway....

10. Oscar Leigh

What? No, by hanging around harmlessly in the corner eating catching them in webs or grabbing them. And I don't even get poisonous ones here, they tend to hang in the bush, we get Huntsmans mostly.

11. Sileas

Sileas Member

See? SEE?!? He even knows the SPECIES! Yeah right you don't have to deal with them!!

Make no mistake, I'm not scared of spiders. One of my sisters is, but I'm not. But then again, I live in the northern US. We get spiders here. You get monsters.

edit: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/reasons-the-huntsman-spider-is-your-new-best-friend#.bgvXqVGbb
    I rest my case.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  12. Oscar Leigh

That article is exactly how I feel about our huntsmans. In fact, we named one of our ones in the past George affectionately.

13. Sileas

Sileas Member

RIGHT. Oscar Leigh is insane. /crosses Oscar off the list of sane people.

Soanyway! Don't mind the insane people here, Sverre. They rarely chew out of their restraints.

14. Oscar Leigh

I burned my restraints. Now I am freeeee forever! :supertongue::supertongue::supertongue::supertongue:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    AdDIct likes this.
  15. Sverre Odland

Sverre Odland New Member

Words are so fun and enjoyable, until they gather together and turn against you, then, its war baby!!! :D