1. watermark

watermark Member

Hi.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by watermark, Jan 12, 2017.

Hi! I'm really a game dev, and I handle the story writing in our team. So I've mostly written for games, but due to a promise I need to do a fanfic this month. I think it's a good opportunity to improve my writing skills.

If we don't count game dialogue, I haven't yet published anything in public. I did NaNo one year and got through my 50,000 words! But that story isn't published either, and to be honest is still really only a jumble of words requiring a lot more work to be readable.

So hi!

2. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi :)

A promise?? That sounds like fun! Did you loose a wager? :D

Anyway, hang around and have fun with us, Welcome!

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. watermark

watermark Member

Thanks!

Not a wager, more like I was caught off guard. I said I would help this guy do something and I was expecting it to be programming related. And he says "Write a fanfic." And I was like, ok, what have I got myself into?!

Still, this unexpected job does force me to upgrade my writing skills. So for that I'm thankful.

4. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

:D Sounds like fun! You might want to look at our short story archives, or even at the contest discussions where people say what they liked and what could have been done better. I am not personally good at writing 'shorts' (I stick to my novel) so I can't offer specific advice - but there are others around who do!

Toptip: look at the persons who have a shiny medal under their name. The medals indicate that they won a contest here in WF ;)

5. jjwiggin

jjwiggin Member

HELLO!!! Game Developer ha? Hmmm... nice occupation. One of my favorite games in the past was Vagrant Story - and it had a wicked plot line! Welcome to the forum ... I'm also relatively new.

A man called Valance likes this.