Tags:
  1. Dark Infinity

Dark Infinity Member

Dark Infinity enters the room quietly...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dark Infinity, Dec 6, 2017.

He looks around nervously, trying to keep a confident look about him. He knows deep down that he has never actually written a book in its entirety. Not like some of those around him now. "Will I fit in?" he thought to himself. "Would they care to know me?"

His inner monologue continued. "Would it matter to them that I've started several stories, only to stop after the first chapter?" The sweat became visible on his brow. "Maybe... maybe there are a few here that are gamers too. Perhaps they enjoy the occasional shooter, or RPG, like me. Maybe they prefer the table top experience that D&D can offer." Dark smiled. "Me too," his silent response to this imagined conversation.

This newcomer allowed a glimmer of hope to enter his eyes. "I bet even some of them are married and have children... I have two." His thoughts drifted to his two wonderful girls and his lovely wife. The reassurance of those images gave him the courage to continue. He made his way up to the stage of the small room, and up to the small microphone that everyone else had used to introduce themselves as well.

He took a deep breath. "Hello," he said, his voice a little shaky. "My name is Dark Infinity, but you can call me Jack if that is easier. And I..." His voice cracked a bit. "I am writing a book. A fantasy book," he continued. "For the first time, I can see the story from beginning to end, and I am determined to finish this one."

He took a long look around the room. "I hope that, perhaps, I can help you all with whatever skills I may have. And, perhaps you might be able to help me as well."

2. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Jack :superhello:

I think you'll fit in just fine, no worries. Excellent intro! I have 2 kids, a boy and a girl, and lots of writers here have had trouble finishing a novel. I look forward to seeing you around :)

Dark Infinity likes this.