1. absis minas

absis minas New Member

propaganda panda and a rag prop

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by absis minas, Sep 27, 2007.

Deleted.

2. Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny New Member

I just got an avatar at a free avatar site and uploaded it to photobucket (free service) and then I put the URL in the URL line. isn't it funny that Avatar means "incarnation" and usually refers to the deliberate descent of an immortal or divine being into the mortal realm for a special purpose? Are you an immortal being? You must be, if you live in Chicago!

3. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Welcome to WF, Absis Minas. =)

4. newguy

newguy New Member

allrity than!!!
    an abissmal pleg plights phutobucket and I wern ye...
    that damnable sirvers tu slow!!!

But still...
    I reekon ye ken hendle it ma fren
    considerin y'all speak uf Avatars and immurtal
    Beins!!!!

My ignurunt irs must ne'er listen!!

and be the wiy!

Welcome to the Site!!!

5. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I don't think you need an actual avatar to be one, because my image certainly wasn't one. Nevermind. Anyway welcome to the site. I like your little fill in the blanks style intro, and I have done though only in my head. It is a pleasure to have you here and I hope your wf.org is a long and prosperous one. Any questions let us know and see you around the site.

6. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Hello thar!
    Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay and such. : )

7. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome! I hope you like it here. Have fun and don't hesitate to ask for help.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is most wonderful to have you here among us. I hope that you enjoy yourself whilst you are here and I look forward to seeing you around the boards in the very near future.
    There is a lot to get involved in around the forum. We have weekly contests that run in the weekly writing groups so I hope that you take a look and join in.
    Also you will find a link to the newbie packet in my signature that holds so further information.
    Anyway have fun and see you around the board.

Torana

9. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Happy belated welcome!

Better late than never right? :) Hope you're settling in alright, always good to see new faces.

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello absis minas, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!