1. Sil

Sil New Member

The Insanity of Being New

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sil, Mar 17, 2012.

Well, where do I begin? Hello, everyone! I'm Sil, and for the first time in a long time, I'm actually joining a new writing site. I'm not big into exploration of new sites due to the...troubles I've encountered with them through the years. But my writing senses have recently made me twitchy, and with me turning 18 months ago, forum searching has spread her wings and shown me the magnificence of what there is online.
    The reason I call being new insanity is because of the process everyone has to go through with this. First, you gotta register...then go to your email...then verify. And then, you have to set up everything to tell just a little about yourself. And after that, you do what I'm doing now. Introduce yourself. I'm just here to write...but this site seems so much more complicated than what I was used to...To be honest, the only reason I registered in the beginning was to be able to explore. You have to be a member to actually see the threads. Rather frustrating, in my opinion. The moment I was done, I decided to go see what was in the RPG, hoping it was just role play...then I saw the complicated ruling system and what all you have to go through just to make it look good on here...I'm a good writer. I know this. But damn.....I don't have that big of an attention span. There's no way I'm going to sit there and read all of that. I have a Latin class and a book to write. There are much better things for me to do.

So, now that I've called out my insanity, I'd love to meet someone! I'm not all mean; I promise that. And if anyone is up to a...not-so-complicated RP, I'm always happy to see what's going on.

Also, can anyone, perhaps give me some pointers when it comes to navigation? It always takes me a while to manage my way through a new place.​

2. superpsycho

superpsycho New Member

Welcome sil, hope you enjoy the site. An introduction isn't a requirement but it does let others now you're here. If you get a chance do check out the rules.

3. Sil

Sil New Member

I have definitely done that. I never post without first reading forum rules. Something my mom always hammered me with. Thanks ^^ I'm sure I'll find some fun around here *giggles*

4. superpsycho

superpsycho New Member

LOL. There are a lot of young people here so I'm sure you'll fit right in.

5. Cerrus

Cerrus New Member

Hey Sil, how's it going? Welcome to the forums! I read on your profile that you like to RP. If you'd like, we can create something "less complicated" over PM's.

6. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to Writing Forums, Sil!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, whatever your interests in writing.

This forum aims to provide the best workshopping resources on the internet, and to that end we have a few rules which you should familiarise yourself with before you get stuck in. The main section of the site is the Writing Workshop, where members can post their writing in order to receive critique of their work.

However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirments. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing.

Beyond the Writing Workshop, you will find that we have extensive forums for discussion of aspects of writing, as well as a community area for general discussion. We also run periodic short story and poetry contests, which are good for challenging yourself and expanding your skills.

If you have any questions or problems, then the moderators (myself and Cogito) should be your first port of call. Any technical problems with the site itself should be directed to Daniel, the site administrator and owner. I would recommend you have a look over the rules so that you know what to expect, and what is expected. But aside from that, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Banzai

7. BlankLink

BlankLink Member

What qualifies as less complicated? I've just submitted one to be approved, so check it out when it goes up.

8. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Welcome! :)