1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.

Hello! just another 'noob'.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cave Troll, Aug 11, 2015.

Hi,

Not sure what else to say. Just pounding the keys in hopes of finishing my first novel. About at the halfway point in it so far. It has been challenging, but fun and interesting. It has also allowed me an access to other music genres that I normally don't listen too (and some are a little strange). Written one and most of another short story when I needed to take a break from the novel. I seem to have an odd writing style compared to what is commonly accepted, as it does not contain chapters. Though I think it would be pretty hard to figure out where they would go in the first place. It is just unconventional, a bit chaotic, but it seems to work (well I think it does). There is me in a nut shell.

2. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! :)

An odd and unconventional writing style isn't a bad thing; it can really make you stand out as an author.

Look forward to READING your stuff.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Cave Troll likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

That is awfully nice of you to offer, but it takes a certain oddity to keep the flow of the story going. :p On the other hand, I am glad that you look forward to reading it. :p

flawed personality likes this.
  4. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Oops, not fully awake. I'll just edit that. :D

5. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum :superhello:
    You make it sound like your brain is full of monkies trying to write shakespeare. Hope you keep them well fed :supercool:

6. Cave Troll

When they are away from their type writers the tend to randomly harpoon ideas, and demand them to be organized into semi rational manor. :p

flawed personality and Song like this.
  7. Cappy and Pegody

Cappy and Pegody Member

I first visited this forum a few short months ago. I was exactly where you are about half way through and looking for some one to tell. Folks here have been friendly understanding and supportive. Partly from reading their post and partly from the feeling of not being alone we published our first novel last week and it was impart from the support and challenge of this forum. Welcome and good luck.

8. Cave Troll

Thanks. I hope I can make that far.

9. Basil Lee

Basil Lee New Member

Hi, Cave Troll. I'm going to "troll" your introduction and introduce myself here as well. I'm a noob as well and was a little hesitant to make my own introduction post. I am also working on a longer work that's got me researching things I normally don't think much about.

Your research sounds interesting. What genres of music were you researching?

Welcome and hello from a fellow noob.

10. minimoosethings

minimoosethings New Member

hey, I'm new as well to this! Well...clearly not as experienced. But! but but but, I can't wait to start reading your stuff! ((:)

11. Cave Troll

Thanks. Would like to read your work as well. :p

12. Cave Troll

I look up: Metal, Industrial, EDM, Dark Minimal, Hybrid Orchestral, Hybrid Rock, Techno, Electro Metal, Epic (vocal and instrumental pieces), and some old school style instrumental pieces played on traditional instruments. Try to look into music from all over the world, if it sounds good to me, I will definitely give it a listen. As for my writing, I know quite a bit about what I am writing. Still doesn't stop me from having to look up the finer details to give it a little extra kick, adding to the theme. Every time I go out to research I usually wind up learning quite a bit more than just what I am looking for (especially on the technical side with all the new information about some of the lager planets in our galaxy).
    That is really cool you are working on something lengthy. How do you like it so far? Ever have those times when you need to go back to an earlier point in your writings just to keep a later point consistent with the story line? Sorry to be so curious, just wondering as all. Best of luck to you. :p