1. Zack

Zack Member

Hi there fellas! Greetings! =)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Zack, Oct 26, 2016.

Hi, hello and greetings, everybody!

Name's Zack. I'm an aspiring science-fiction and fantasy novelist from Malaysia. Aha.
    I am new to writing a novel, but did get my hands on writing stories by writing a few when I was primary and secondary school. The farthest I got, at the time of writing this, in writing fiction is a short sci-fi-fantasy story-in-a-form-of-scripts which I named "Flaring Stars" that I wrote for a crush during the last few months of my secondary school times. It was the best, and still is by far, writing I've ever done and tho I gave the original copy to the girl, I didn't make a additonal copy of it, and she said she has lost it. Aha. Would love to get back on it and write a novel version of it, otherwise. I'm not very exposed to reading, in fact I've only ever read two books, which are both fiction, to the finish; a Malay version of "The Jungle Book", when I was a kid, and "Magician: Apprentice" by Raymond E. Feist, when I was a teen. Now I'm an adult and altho I haven't gotten around reading some books to the finish, I want to start reading sci-fi and fantasy novels seriously, you know, just so that I have good grasp in the storytelling of sci-fi and fantasy for a sci-fi-fantasy novel series that I'm planning. So be comfortable at giving me recommendations. I prolly am gonna fail at it reading and writing again, but I won't tell myself to give up. Aha. I plan on making reading and writing part of my dedicated discipline among my daily routine. Other things...I have more than 50 songs I made, but so far only one song I have found its guitar chords and it's the only song I can strum. I hope someday to, keep making music, finds all of their chords, perform, record and upload and share them somewhere on the net. I'm also fond of drawing and video game development. I've used a bit of RPG Maker and loved it. I have a Pixiv and Deviantart
    accounts, with the name "Zackleaynts", but still haven't found opportune time to comfortably post my doodles and sketches. Zackleaynts is my main Internet nick, by the way. I like to entertain the ideas and prospects of becoming a video game developer and comic book illustrator and writer. But being a jack-of-all-trades is very hard, even though my real life nickname is Jack. I was involved in Karate for about two years but never advanced beyond White Belt due to financial restriction. I can find myself enjoying almost any type of music, but the ones I love to listen to are punk rock, pop and country. Altho I'm still a long way from being good and accurate at English language, especially its grammar, I'm looking forward to making the rest of my life a productive happy prosperous life.

Glad to be here.

2. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Welcome! One of the things I love about this forum is that everyone is from everywhere around the world. Right now I'm pulling up carpet, LOL, but responding to hello's in between. Happy to meet you.

3. Zack

Zack Member

Thanks, Mae! Yes, it's so nice to have people all over the world settling in a message board community altho for this site I haven't seen such situation mainly because I haven't explored enough, aha. Are you writing a book?

4. Zack

Zack Member

Hi, Carly! Thanks.

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Zack, and welcome!

It's fun to meet people from all over the world! So you write primarily in English now?

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you on the boards!

-Kat

6. Zack

Zack Member

Hi Kat! Thanks for welcoming me, aha. Yes, in the aspect of writing fiction, I write primarily in English.
    Yep, I have checked the guide out. See you around, too. =)

7. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Yes, I'm writing a book, three actually. I've completed three novels, the first two need lots of rewrites and since being in here, I'm making some changes to my third. It's just hard to know what agents are looking for, and what they tell you is to write your passion. I do some lite fantasy, suspense and horror. You?

Zack likes this.
  8. Zack

Zack Member

I see. Glad to know that. How long did it take you to write the books? Well me, not much, aha. For my first real endeavour in fantasy and sci fi fiction, I'm currently writing a fantasy short-story set within a universe made by a friend of mine who's a professional author in Indonesia. The short story will be in English. I've also planned, which will also be in English, a sci-fi-fantasy novel series, and am currently heavily doing outlines and worldbuilding on it. Is there any tip and advice you could give me in writing a debut novel, and also a short story? Aha