1. OB1

OB1 Active Member

Hi from OB1

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OB1, Jan 10, 2018.

Hi all,

As a newbie I thought I should introduce myself.

I have always been a story teller, ever since I can remember. My primary school teach once told me that when asked to write a story and read it out to the rest of the class; I stood at the front and apparently told a story whilst appearing to read from a piece of paper. My teacher was astonished at the fact that when she had a look at what I was reading, the page was blank! :rofl: In other words I reeled a story from the top of my head and that was when I was 6 years old.

Anyway, my main interest is Fantasy and Sci-Fi, with an emphasis on Fantasy. I have always had a vivid imagination and as my mum always told me I live in a fantasyland. I am a consultant engineer by trade, having never written a novel n'or published anything; recently I have had ideas of a story in my head that I really, really (emphasising the really) must write, with the hope of getting published. I would love to be able to one day leave my mundane job to write for a living, but I recognise how difficult this is and will settle with having a published book as my current goal.

I have joined this site, hoping to get some advice and ideas as well as being able to help others.

Thanks

OB1

8Bit Bob likes this.
  2. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find lots of useful resources here to help you with your writing, and I'm sure you'll find this place to your liking :)

OB1 likes this.
  3. Kenosha Kid

Kenosha Kid Active Member

Hallo OB1! There are lots of excellent fantasy writers on the forum so you're in good company. Have fun!